Online Series: Black Mirror: Season 6 (Netflix)

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Season 6? How the hell did I miss there being a season 5. Thought they were done after season 4. Regardless, great news to read and even better that I get to watch two new seasons.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Season 6? How the hell did I miss there being a season 5. Thought they were done after season 4. Regardless, great news to read and even better that I get to watch two new seasons.
Most recent season is down right awful.

Hopefully this break let Charlie Brooker generate some good new ideas.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Most recent season is down right awful.

Hopefully this break let Charlie Brooker generate some good new ideas.
I realized later that I have seen season 5. Thought it was season 4 for some reason. It was pretty bad, I didn't hate "Smithereens" but the other two were pretty weak.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well, to be fair it was only 3 episodes. #1 was pretty good on it's own, but I think episodes 2 and 3 were pretty weak. Surprisingly, Miley Cyrus and Topher Grace's performances helped elevate their episodes a bit and would have been pretty dreadful without them.

The interactive film Black Mirror: Bandersnatch took a lot of the production focus from "Season" 5. I'd absolutely recommend it if you haven't experienced it yet. My wife and I are huge Black Mirror fans, and we enjoyed Bandersnatch more than most traditional episodes.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Well, to be fair it was only 3 episodes. #1 was pretty good on it's own, but I think episodes 2 and 3 were pretty weak. Surprisingly, Miley Cyrus and Topher Grace's performances helped elevate their episodes a bit and would have been pretty dreadful without them.

The interactive film Black Mirror: Bandersnatch took a lot of the production focus from "Season" 5. I'd absolutely recommend it if you haven't experienced it yet. My wife and I are huge Black Mirror fans, and we enjoyed Bandersnatch more than most traditional episodes.

Funny thing about that episode, I can't watch it on Apple TV due to some limitation on their end.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Funny thing about that episode, I can't watch it on Apple TV due to some limitation on their end.
That's weird. I wonder if it has something to do with the way that it's made interactive.

There's also some light Netflix branding at one point too, with how Apple likes to keep things in their own brand I could see that being the reasoning.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
That's weird. I wonder if it has something to do with the way that it's made interactive.

There's also some light Netflix branding at one point too, with how Apple likes to keep things in their own brand I could see that being the reasoning.
I think it's the interactive part of it and therefore you cannot even play that episode. I was able to watch it a while backs when it 1st came out.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I realized later that I have seen season 5. Thought it was season 4 for some reason. It was pretty bad, I didn't hate "Smithereens" but the other two were pretty weak.

Huh, I really enjoyed the other 2 and thought Smithereens was just ok... that's essentially the same ratio as most of the show IMO. For every 2 quality episodes, there's one meh one.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm pretty happy with 5 episodes. That's the third most they've ever done in six seasons with 6 episodes being the most. I was expecting only 3 episodes.
Ah you’re right. For some reason i thought the early seasons had a lot of eps but I guess that’s just cause I binged the first 4 seasons when I first found out about the show.

5 eps is a good amount, esp after only 3 last season, i shouldnt be greedy :laugh:

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
I had forgotten, didn’t realize that it was being released so soon, after only hearing about it a month and a half ago, so it was a pleasant surprise to see it pop up this morning. First episode was pretty good, looking forward to the rest.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Great first episode of season 6. Felt like a mix of old school Black Mirror and the newer seasons and it blended together really well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad