Injury Report: Bjugstad D2D with a lower body injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm assuming your asking for fantasy purposes.

Drop him, I did today. Playoffs just started. He's been playing hurt for a while and it shows.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Usually when you hear the word soreness it coincides with core injuries. That's not to say that it couldn't be a foot, ankle, or knee...........but those injuries would have probably reared their ugly heads if sustained while playing as he tried to make his way to the bench. If it's core, then you have to look no further than Thornton who played the first half of the season and then finally took some time off to let it heal up. If they are smart, they would rest him the remainder of the regular season.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
That's tough if he was playing through injury. I don't like to see players have to do that especially if there's even more damage after the player does play through it.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Ye he should have just not played.

I get why players do it. Florida is trying to make the playoffs...

But he is too key of a player to play and potentially make it worse. I am impressed with how well he played lately despite playing with an injury. Imagine how good he would have been without the injury!

Hopefully he is back soon because he is a key player on that 2nd line. I would like to see him center Jagr and Pirri actually. Then have Barkov with Huberdeau and Boyes. Then you have 2 good lines instead of just 1.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Ye he should have just not played.

I get why players do it. Florida is trying to make the playoffs...

But he is too key of a player to play and potentially make it worse. I am impressed with how well he played lately despite playing with an injury. Imagine how good he would have been without the injury!

Hopefully he is back soon because he is a key player on that 2nd line. I would like to see him center Jagr and Pirri actually. Then have Barkov with Huberdeau and Boyes. Then you have 2 good lines instead of just 1.

Cant break up that Huby-Barky-Jagr line right now, no way. I think they go into next season grouped together, if Jagr is re-signed of course.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Usually when you hear the word soreness it coincides with core injuries. That's not to say that it couldn't be a foot, ankle, or knee...........but those injuries would have probably reared their ugly heads if sustained while playing as he tried to make his way to the bench. If it's core, then you have to look no further than Thornton who played the first half of the season and then finally took some time off to let it heal up. If they are smart, they would rest him the remainder of the regular season.

Here we go with the medical analysis....

Remember when barkovs knee was "collapsing?"

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Here we go with the medical analysis....

Remember when barkovs knee was "collapsing?"
Some guys just can't let it go and have to throw in a mean spirited remark. So you want to have this discussion again?

Last edited by a moderator:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Some guys just can't let it go and have to throw in a mean spirited remark. So you want to have this discussion again?

His point is that this is baseless speculation on your part. And he's not wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
His point is that this is baseless speculation on your part. And he's not wrong.
And my point is what's wrong with baseless speculation? I clearly pointed out that it was my opinion based on the soreness remark, but then offered other possibilities as to what could be his injury. You and 1K and a few others ordain yourselves as unofficial thread police and require opinions offered must only be fact and not speculation. Seems to me there is quite a bit of speculation on this board and it should be allowed with the caveat that it is not presented as fact. Now if you could point out to me where I presented my opinion as fact, then I will be glad to offer you an apology.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
GR just said on NHL Radio that he thinks Bjugs is out for a while. he asked the team what is wrong with him and team is just telling him that they can't tell him what his injury is except that it's LBI.

Gr asked Bjugs if it's groin and he himself won't say.

Oh boy. hopefully Tro can step it up

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I would guess it's groin...the way he's been skating and such... which would also explain the mystery behind it.. groins r tricky and if it's sore it could be really difficult to skate without showing any actual damage in an MrI and such

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
bjuggy out for the season? ok cool

Wouldn't say that. but I'd guess he wont play on the road trip, and depending on where the team stands as far the playoffs, I'd be he plays in the final home stand if justified.

Playoffs? bank on it. He will be needed against the rangers (yes we are making damn it.)

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Lower body d2d? With our staff the question is not if he will be back by season end/ play offs, it's will he be well soon enough to get in a proper off season training routine.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
And my point is what's wrong with baseless speculation? I clearly pointed out that it was my opinion based on the soreness remark, but then offered other possibilities as to what could be his injury. You and 1K and a few others ordain yourselves as unofficial thread police and require opinions offered must only be fact and not speculation. Seems to me there is quite a bit of speculation on this board and it should be allowed with the caveat that it is not presented as fact. Now if you could point out to me where I presented my opinion as fact, then I will be glad to offer you an apology.

Nah, your fine. The Panthers could be relocated across the country with a new name and some wouldn't believe it without a link.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I Used to get great locker room and organizational information from A good friend of mine when he was with the organization. I was never able to share it though so it was tough. I'm still hesitant to mention his name even though he's no longer there. I'm not sure what could happen if the wrong person saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad