Bjorkstrand, Chaput, Ramage called up from Monsters

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 4m4 minutes ago
#CBJ have recalled three from @monstershockey: RW Oliver Bjorkstrand, C Michael Chaput and D John Ramage

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 57s58 seconds ago
#CBJ D John Ramage played one game w #Flames last season, but this will be his #CBJ debut.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 44s44 seconds ago
#CBJ Bjorkstrand likely to make his #NHL debut on Thursday vs. #RedWings.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In the one game I saw I liked Ramage.

Hope OB pots one for you Spin.

KlichkoBro*

Rychel probably getting even more frustrated with the FO and Torts

Rychel hasn't played for the Monsters since March 5th. Also he had only 1 assist in 3 games after he was sent down.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Honestly, who cares. I like him alot as a player but if that (and the other reports) are true about him then he is in the wrong and needs to wait his turn, or break the door down and make it his turn.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

He should probably consider learning to play better.

Good for the kids. I would've liked to see the CBJ use Chaput this year over bringing in a guy like Campbell. He's been a very reasonable 3/4 C in his time up and I like his size.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I seriously doubt we see OB tonight. Maybe Chaput because he has been here before. I think OB would need at least one practice before being inserted into the lineup?

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I seriously doubt we see OB tonight. Maybe Chaput because he has been here before. I think OB would need at least one practice before being inserted into the lineup?

I'd be surprised if they are not both playing, why call them up to sit in the press box

Boll and likely Bourque will sit

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Are the forward call-ups related to LEM solidifying their playoff spot? Seems like we've been carrying the minimum 18 skaters for awhile now, and only Prout is out from the previous game.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
If nothing else, give them a look for a game or two and get them a little NHL money. If they have a future with the big club, reward them for their hard work in Cleveland.

At this point, wins mean nothing, so give them a look, and give the players a feel for where they need to be to play in the NHL.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If Bjorkstrand is expected in Columbus next year, better to get the rookie jitters out of the way this year when the games don't really matter.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
If nothing else, give them a look for a game or two and get them a little NHL money. If they have a future with the big club, reward them for their hard work in Cleveland.

At this point, wins mean nothing, so give them a look, and give the players a feel for where they need to be to play in the NHL.

They could have been doing this the last 3 weeks but have been carrying the roster minimum...seemingly to give Cleveland the best players possible for their playoff push.

5thLiner

Didn't draft a Finn
Oct 14, 2014
Columbus, Ohio

All 3 are playing tonight. If Tyutin is out, that creates a big problem on defense. Hopefully they'll make the call in time to get Falk or Heatherington (probably Falk) down here if that's the case.

EDIT: And there it is

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad