BJJ/Grappling Thread

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Rocko604, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Rocko604

Rocko604 Playoffs?

Since we have a Muay Thai thread, why not have one for the ground game? Whether you do BJJ, no-gi, judo, catch wrestling, let's discuss it here!

Anyone here roll? I've been doing BJJ on again, off again for about a year. Finally back in a groove, so hopefully I can maintain that and make it a habit.

2. Rocko604

Rocko604 Playoffs?

John Danaher black belt Travis Stevens will be fighting for the 81KG gold medal in Judo.

3. the pen is mightier

the pen is mightier Registered User

After my running season is finished, I'm hoping to start some BJJ, I did TKD as a kid, but my ankle can't take the impact of kicking, so I think BJJ would be a bit better suited. Also being a promoter, I would like to learn more.

4. Rocko604

Rocko604 Playoffs?

Right on. When Mike Goldberg was brought in to do the UFC pbp back in the 90s, he had to take a BJJ class so he knew the names of the moves.

5. Acallabeth

Acallabeth Days of glory

I've been doing BJJ for a couple of years now after several years of practicing some sambo. Too bad the area doesn't have a black belt school, oh well, grappling/BJJ are just starting to grow in Siberia.

6. ConorMcGregor

ConorMcGregor Registered User

Yeah, I roll. Tried a bit of everything, and stuck with BJJ and Judo.

However, 1 day a week of Judo takes more of a toll on me than 5 days a week of BJJ.

Even if you are going easy on each other, helping ease the other guy down rather than full throwing him is hard on the muscles. Full throwing is hard on the hips even after you learn to contort for minimum damage lol

7. Rocko604

Rocko604 Playoffs?

I'm slowly getting back into a steady routine of BJJ, not 5 days a week mind you, but trying to get up to 3, in addition to cross training, which at this point I'm trying to keep to cardio as I have a lot of weight I need to lose. Doing heavy lifting in addition to the BJJ isn't too kind on my joints.

8. Praetorian Caps

Praetorian Caps Registered User

Been training Jiu-Jitsu sporadically for a couple years. I'm in university so I can only devote a couple months to training in between classes. Currently I'm doing Krav Maga until my next college class starts but may switch back to grappling afterwards.

Out of all the martial arts I've trained the Gentle Art is my favorite.