Confirmed with Link: Bissonnette to TNT

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Happy for Biz. He’s got a brand to grow, and national tv will grow that more than a radio gig with the coyotes ever could. Still holding out hope he can replace Nash one day though

Reactions: knich

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Good move for him, and for the league in general. Inside the NBA is the gold standard for studio shows, and what they have is jokes and laughter. Bissonnette can help bring that to the NHL side. We'll see how they all work together.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’ve always found him obnoxious to
How and why and when did the hockey world collectively decide that color commentators had to be obnoxious clowns, with insufferable doofus schticks? And can we change that? Can we hold a vote?

I remember watching D-Backs games where Matt Williams did color. I was blown away with how insightful and educational it was. And he never once sounded like a brain-dead morning drive radio jockey. He provided simple, no nonsense, insightful expertise. There’s none of that in hockey.

rt

May 13, 2004
Charlie Simmer was pretty straight-laced but Doug McLoed was a complete clown. So that was a bit of an inverse situation. I was just a kid, so I liked McLoed. As an adult, I definitely don't.

My all-time favorite hockey PBP guy is Dave Strader(RIP). My all-time favorite color guy is Bill Clement. I think those two would be the GOAT broadcast tandem for hockey, if that would have ever happened (I don't think it did).

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
How and why and when did the hockey world collectively decide that color commentators had to be obnoxious clowns, with insufferable doofus schticks? And can we change that? Can we hold a vote?

I remember watching D-Backs games where Matt Williams did color. I was blown away with how insightful and educational it was. And he never once sounded like a brain-dead morning drive radio jockey. He provided simple, no nonsense, insightful expertise. There’s none of that in hockey.
Dude, you got me. I have no idea. Almost every single one is an obnoxious, annoying prick. I can’t stand Tyson Nash or Darren Pang. He thinks everyone likes that holy jumpin shit, not this guy.

rt

May 13, 2004

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
How does this effect his Spittin Chicklets I wonder? Can't see a big network or Uncle Gary wanting his major partner associated with it.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I can’t wait for this kind of bullshit to be over and done with. It’s so transparent. By now we all have to see what feckless p***yes like this are all about right? Can we stop pretending soon?

That isn't journalism. It's hate mail.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I can’t wait for this kind of bullshit to be over and done with. It’s so transparent. By now we all have to see what feckless p***yes like this are all about right? Can we stop pretending soon?
Didnt Biz and Spitten Chicklets revolutionize hockey podcast coverage? This is cancel culture once again trying to kill someone who isn’t politically correct. Of course the only reason he’s interesting is because he isn’t politically correct.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Charlie Simmer was pretty straight-laced but Doug McLoed was a complete clown. So that was a bit of an inverse situation. I was just a kid, so I liked McLoed. As an adult, I definitely don't.

My all-time favorite hockey PBP guy is Dave Strader(RIP). My all-time favorite color guy is Bill Clement. I think those two would be the GOAT broadcast tandem for hockey, if that would have ever happened (I don't think it did).
I loved Jerry Cheevers when he was with the Whalers. Definitely had the creds and being an ex-goalie from a division rival, had unigue insight and perception.
I still think Keith Yandle would be a great color man, but then again, pretty much anybody would be better than Nash ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad