News Article: Bissonnette almost a Capital

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Bissonnette Opens Up on His Past, Present, and Future

“I really didn’t. I was supposed to sign with Washington. That kind of fell though, because they couldn’t get rid of [John] Erskine. They were trying to work out a trade with him, and then I just kind of stayed in limbo there. It was either go to the camp there or to camp in St. Louis, and John Anderson, who I’m really familiar with from Phoenix, who is [a coach] in Chicago, which is St. Louis’ AHL farm team, was at camp too, so that really helped bring me in. I had an awesome time there. I figured; go to St. Louis because if I went to Washington and had a good camp, there’s still no change of me signing if they hadn’t traded Erskine. After that, I just went home. It was a tough time there. It was a pretty depressing time, not having a job. I was really frustrated and upset about it. Luckily, [I’ve] got a couple jobs here since then.â

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I imagine that Erskine knows all of this. I am sure he has been told that the Caps have no plans to use him this season

I tend to agree. I'm sure he's very aware that he's played his last game as a Capital. But don't feel bad for him...he's sitting on his butt making 2 million dollars. :laugh:

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Any chance this guy would have even dressed out this year? He's like a marginally more prolific Volpatti. If he wasn't a personality would he even be worthy of discussion?

When we're scratching guys like Fehr, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky, I find it hard to see him cracking even the 4th line.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Apologies if it is indeed old news. Regardless, it's a pretty interesting quote from Biz. Guy gets a lot of hate, but that was a damn candid interview.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Apologies if it is indeed old news. Regardless, it's a pretty interesting quote from Biz. Guy gets a lot of hate, but that was a damn candid interview.

He gets a lot of hate because he actually has a personality, and the NHL/fans hate that. God forbid, he doesn't do boring interviews ala Captain Serious or Crosby :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad