Recalled/Assigned: Bishop up; Luostarinen down

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
luostarinen is a player that looks to me like he's still adjusting to the rink size in the nhl and how that limits your time with the puck compared to playing abroad. i don't think enough is made of the adjustment in the width plus faster players. defense arrives a lot quicker and that makes the pace of the game faster. plus, less room to peel off and find an outlet. he has some good ideas with the puck, but they're just a step behind where they need to be and it's hurting him offensively. plus, there's a little concern from me that he doesn't have that dog in him. he's very reserved and it reflects in his play. he needs to get his nose dirty more and take some of those extra swipes at loose pucks. go into corners with intentions of coming out with it. he has the frame to handle that style, but the sense of urgency isn't there as much to win battles all over the ice. he'll be a moose if he can figure out how much money he can make in front of the opposing goaltender boxing out. bishop is pretty much the inverse of that as a player who doesn't have the skill but has enough "want to" to win battles in all zones. it's literally his only chance to stick.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’ve seen it differently, I think Luostarinen started strong but hasn’t done much in the last few games. If by “solid” you mean not making major mistakes? Sure. But he hasn’t really done anything either since those first few games.

Bishop makes more sense as a full time 4th line center anyway.
Yup. Bishop is the most natural fit for the spot, and Luo has plenty to work on down there where he’s a featured player. It was a great rookie audition and there’s reason to be optimistic about the kid. Let him be a top six forward with special team work.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Agreed with everyone's sentiments, he statted off pretty strong and has been a bit more solid-meh since then (though the team as a whole has been meh many times lately). He got a chance, looked decent enough as a rookie on NA ice, let him take what he learned and work on his development with more ice time in Charlotte. Bishop is a good fit for 4C, but don't expect much offense, 3A in 19GP (meaning we'll all cry when he gets a breakaway like Staal, Foegele, McGinn)

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Agreed with everyone's sentiments, he statted off pretty strong and has been a bit more solid-meh since then (though the team as a whole has been meh many times lately). He got a chance, looked decent enough as a rookie on NA ice, let him take what he learned and work on his development with more ice time in Charlotte. Bishop is a good fit for 4C, but don't expect much offense, 3A in 19GP (meaning we'll all cry when he gets a breakaway like Staal, Foegele, McGinn)
I almost feel like that unless we get a 2 on 0 :P (Regardless of whom.)

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2