Post-Game Talk: Bird

3 Stars

• Total voters

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
First two periods were good enough, but man they couldn’t do a damn thing when Pittsburgh started to push. Panarin line was great, but I was disappointed with that 3rd line, was hoping for a stronger game out of them.
The third line was matched against the Crosby line mostly. Still a tough match for any line.

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Somehow, despite having like 79 shots in the third period, the Pens only attempted 12 shots with Fox on the ice the whole game.

Laviolette got away from Fox and spammed Miller-Schneider in the third period because "muh defons protek tha leed."

You could argue it's preservation but it's frustrating how he keeps going away from Fox in those situations. He's our best defender.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Interesting that Miller has all these votes in the poll.

Anybody can just avoid criticism by putting up points except for Kreider.

1710627310171.png

1710627392434.png

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
Somehow, despite having like 79 shots in the third period, the Pens only attempted 12 shots with Fox on the ice the whole game.

Laviolette got away from Fox and spammed Miller-Schneider in the third period because "muh defons protek tha leed."

You could argue it's preservation but it's frustrating how he keeps going away from Fox in those situations. He's our best defender.
Maybe he’s playing possum a lot of moves coaches make are to mask what they will do later

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
On what planet does Vincenzo Trocheck deserve only 7 votes for that game. I swear many of you must just look at goals and assists. Trocheck was the driver of that line all night. Great on the PK . This guy is the hardest worker on this team and he was great tonight. Just didn't turn into a lot of points for him .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
On what planet does Vincenzo Trocheck deserve only 7 votes for that game. I swear many of you must just look at goals and assists. Trocheck was the driver of that line all night. Great on the PK . This guy is the hardest worker on this team and he was great tonight. Just didn't turn into a lot of points for him .
I don't know, it's hard when there's only three choices, and your goalie makes 200 saves + Panarin has 5 points. That leaves you with one vote.

People definitely only look at goals and assists tho.

Like I said, it was a weird turtly game, so I don't know how much of it was his fault, but the f***ing Titanic sunk with Miller on the ice today and he's running away with that third choice

And again, none of this applies to Kreider who could have 6 goals and 10 points and people will find something he did wrong.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
3pt game is more impressive for a dman than a forward
So that negates a -26 in shot attempts?

I'm not interested in crucifying Miller over a game where Lavi put the controller down to have a wank, but saying he was one of the best players in this game is just box score watching.

Kreider was actually good in this game. He's only getting flack because the last thing people remember is an awkward sequence at the end where he was in the middle of a 3-minute shift and scored a goal anyway. I hate that.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
So who's getting the next generational player the devils or penguins?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Despite the score I was not overly impressed today. Both teams played sloppy. We had some very good plays and the Pens had bad goaltending but not a video I would want to replicate. Fox is usually a very smart player but he made 2 plays that I shook my head on. I thought CK had a strong game. Zibs skated a bit. Bread was very sharp. Vince had a great pass. Call me crazy but I think we miss a boast that Rempe's youth, size and enthusiasm gives us. Would like to see Laf and KK with more than 1 shot each in game like this. Rosi and Wenberg are not all stars but were solid trades so far. I didn't think Crosby had a great game but he was dominating us in faceoffs all day.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

I think Fox may have been a little tender late in the game. Seen wincing on the bench.

Reactions: shackleton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad