Post-Game Talk: BipBip Was There... (Yotes 3-2 Habs)

DOTG (20/02/10)

• Total voters

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You can't believe a superior team beat an inferior one? Confused.

Oh please, Arizona has 63 pts after the win tonight. Montreal has 61. They both have 23 ROWs after 58 games. Arizona is +4. Montreal +3. Their leading scoring is Taylor Hall, who they just picked up in November, who has 44 pts.

Arizona is NOT better than us.

Difference is Arizona still has a chance to win their division while Montreal misses the playoffs probably in 11th or 12th spot in the East.

Arizona also came into the game on a 3-5-2 run while Montreal was 7-3 and had won 9 of 12 before tonight.

A game like this at home should be a win.

Reactions: BLONG7 and jaffy27

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Quite amazing how someone so dumb can get 72 points in a season. I wish I could do that, far harder than attacking players on an internet forum like a right champion.

Rucinsky got 70+ points once and you can believe me Rucinsky was not a great offensive player. Do some research and you will be surprised by the number of average top 6 players who got 70 points once.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bad loss, but bubble had to bust at sometime. Now we concentrate on the trade deadline then draft. Also, like to see players like Evans given regular shift rest of year.

This little run Kovalchuk showed us difference elite player makes.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Rucinsky got 70+ points once and you can believe me Rucinsky was not a great offensive player. Do some research and you will be surprised by the number of average top 6 players who got 70 points once.

Espeically around this stinking franchise. Then they sign the guy to a monster contract, and he sucks the next 5 years making him unmovable, like an Alzner contract.

Domi is a contract killer, and will handcuff this team for years to come. Even if he delivered 60pts, they are the most forgettable points you will see.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Sorry to break it to you, but players play to win, not to lose, they frankly don’t give a rats ass about the ****in draft
Then move players that help you win. Its not that hard. Keep the kids from this losing atmosphere and play all the plugs instead. If the rookies aren't here and we don't sign Kovy and scandella, we are likely drafting top 5 this year. Instead we are drifting up toward 15th again and hoping for another 5'7" scoring type to slip through the cracks and SOMEHOW save the franchise.

It ain't happening.

Take your cap and trade it for usless plugs cloggin up other teams rosters, get assets with them, move something of value if you have to. A couple more suzuki like players from taking a bad contract would help us long term. Or go for it, lose our crappy draft pick and try to win now. I am still waiting in year 8 for us to trade away or receive a single 1st rounder. Any direction is fine at this point, just pick one.

Reactions: habsfan891

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
why do we always play like dog shit vs weak teams? and this isnt some new occurrence, its been going on for years....

makes no sense

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Sorry to break it to you, but players play to win, not to lose, they frankly don’t give a rats ass about the ****in draft
One would hope. The problem is, habs do not do that (win) either, not with any consistency. Each year it's that same thing because they do not get better from one season to the next, so round and round they go - it's the habs' way. Sorry to break that to you.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Should have been a win. PP blew this game.

They had basically zero room for error and they failed big time last night.

Time to trade Domi.
Domi has been way off this year..........contract negotiations seem to not go well, and he hasn't handled well at all. Depending on the return...?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
why do we always play like dog **** vs weak teams? and this isnt some new occurrence, its been going on for years....

makes no sense
It makes sense to me: Coaches will not prepare the team as well vs weaker teams as for stronger teams.

Aside from all these worthless PP attempts, last night looked like an hockey improvisation night to me. If there was a system it was a system for individual players and not the team collective.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Domi has been way off this year..........contract negotiations seem to not go well, and he hasn't handled well at all. Depending on the return...?
I'd love to move him for a top 4 LD around the same age as him. Not sure if there'd be any takers, but that would be a perfect scenario, IMO.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
When Danault went down and all the lines went out of whack and lots of double shifting, the habs just could not find a groove at all the rest of the game, real drag, tough tough loss
To all the Danault haters see what happens when he's out. We lose. Domi can't make this line produce. This is a polite sentence because I just read many bad things about him on this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad