GDT: Billy Moores Cup

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Its crazy that nobody is mentioning Braden Christoffer. Guy was all over the ice the entire game. had some solid offensive plays. plays hard, is gritty. great signing to my eye

Yeah he looked pretty good by my eye too.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
sorry. your user name is exoilerfan. you're not allowed to enjoy McDavid.

:sarcasm:

In my defense, I made that username about a week before Eakins was fired when the Oilers were at their worst
I'm not too proud of it though :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't get the criticism of Nurse's play in this thread. Especially in the first half he was one of the most dynamic players on the ice. Made interesting reads and effortlessly moved the puck around opposition zone splitting seams, skating end to end.

What he will need to do in real play is recognize when to dish, where to dish, but I like how this kid has the jam to challenge the box. He creates a lot of chaos on the ice which, if team mates recognize, and contribute, will be hard to contain.

The guy also flies around the ice like he's on jetskates. One moment he's making the offensive play, then there he is back on D on the other end and you're wondering how can that be the same player.

Of course Connor McDavid has lightning speed as well. At 3 different times in the scrimmage I had to rerun and see how the hell Connor could so quickly be here, and then there. On one play I thought he got the assist but he setup the play, skated into range, and scored the goal. All by himself. Really most of his goals were that way.

HawksFan88

Feb 26, 2015
Here comes the long post from my observations

McDavid - Jesus Christ, he's just so good.

Nurse - Skating and strength are top notch, was a clear step above, but didn't handle the puck particularly well

Draisaitl - Looked very good, skating looks good, strong on the puck, McDavid owned him just a little though, lol

Everyone else.

Goalies:
Nagelvoort - He was a mixed bag, had some good moment, gave up some weak goals. I think he's better then he showed, still pretty raw.

Bouchard - I actually like his game, looked poised, made some very nice saves. Got owned by McDavid, but you can't blame him for that. There may be a goalie in this young man.

Svoboda - Looked like the strongest of the goalies, big, confident and I liked his movement and quickness.

Papirny - Wasn't awful, he just wasn't great either, didn't see much in him tonight.

Defense:

Leveille - Looked thick, scored a goal, interesting, need to see him more

Davis - Didn't see much from him

Bear - Looked confident and strong, there could be a player to be found with this guy

Lagesson - Skating was a bit lacking, felt a bit for him, this kinda of game wasn't a fit for him, he struggled because of that.

Betker - Really liked his game, he's not a slow skater, he's big strong, poised, protected the puck well. I think he needs to improve his footwork and quickness.

Laleggia - Really like his game as well, great skater, good puck skills. Definitely small, but I really liked him.

Jones - Very raw, but he looked strong, good skating with decent puck skills.

Healey - Had some moments, mostly meh.

Marino - I liked his game, seemed to be play well at pace, looked strong in spots.

Forwards:
Loiseau - Small skilled, not sure as a pro though

McCarron - Not good. Skated ok, but just isn't very good.

Bauer - Had some moments late, mostly just kinda there.

Rebry - Didn't notice him much

Rankin - He's got some good size and speed, found him inconsistent.

Esposito - He has some moments, wasn't anything special

Stukel - I liked his game, liked his speed, I suspect he might have a decent year.

Campbell - I liked his game as well, played well overall

Sanford - I didn't notice him much

Christoffer - Aggressive player, not sure about him going forward.

Soy - Played well overall

Vesel - He had some nice skills and moments

Robertson - He was ok, was put in a very good spot

Platzer - I really liked him tonight, good speed and skill, with good hockey sense. I really like this player

Chase - He struggled tonight, got better as the game went on, but not his night.

Sanford was listed injured never skated at camp

McDeathbyCheerios*

I don't get the criticism of Nurse's play in this thread. Especially in the first half he was one of the most dynamic players on the ice. Made interesting reads and effortlessly moved the puck around opposition zone splitting seams, skating end to end.

What he will need to do in real play is recognize when to dish, where to dish, but I like how this kid has the jam to challenge the box. He creates a lot of chaos on the ice which, if team mates recognize, and contribute, will be hard to contain.

The guy also flies around the ice like he's on jetskates. One moment he's making the offensive play, then there he is back on D on the other end and you're wondering how can that be the same player.

Of course Connor McDavid has lightning speed as well. At 3 different times in the scrimmage I had to rerun and see how the hell Connor could so quickly be here, and then there. On one play I thought he got the assist but he setup the play, skated into range, and scored the goal. All by himself. Really most of his goals were that way.
Having those two on the ice together in a few years will cause other teams fits.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
In my defense, I made that username about a week before Eakins was fired when the Oilers were at their worst
I'm not too proud of it though :laugh:

I made that in November when there was no hope and more than half of the posters on here were absent (can't change it for a year). Can't we all get a second chance? :laugh:

I find it funny that nobody mentioned your username (I don't think) before.

That's a sign of real hope building around here, not just the usual yearly stuff that means nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad