TV: Billy Bush officially fired by NBC

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Nodding and smiling is one thing but he directed his co-host(?) into that pig's arms for a kiss. I've been in a lot of locker rooms and have never heard **** like that.

That's what made him look like a complete rat. He knew Trump is a creep and basically urged a woman to hug him.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I just found out that he is actually a Bush bush, did not even occur to me

It's really bizarre to hear about these bush's and Clintons landing these cushy TV jobs

Supposedly chelsea Clinton got a 500k a year job straight out of school where she did like 1 short interview a year.]

It is almost like there is a permanent ruling class in America. ;)

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
According to TMZ--they are saying that it was during a routine review of several shows trump was on that Access Hollywood came across the video and the EP and other producers were not going to do anything. TMZ is saying they got it directly from Access Hollywood's crew--the video did not come out via the Clinton campaign--supporters yes

edit--sorry misread

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/11/donald-trump-hurricane-matthew-access-hollywood-leak/

Looks like there was sever conflict at access hollywood
Yeah, there's no such thing as a "routine review" when a Presidential candidate is involved. It's a partisan media trying to dig up dirt.

Word is Bush was supposed to be edited out of the video before it was released...NBC pushed back the release schedule due to Hurricane Matthew potentially pushing it out of the headlines, but it upset a producer at NBC who wanted it out as planned...so he went ahead and released it without scrubbing Bush out of it, which then forced them to let him go...with a tidy buyout to keep quiet about it.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I found him more disgusting than Trump was in the video.

Can somebody explain why they weren't aware of the fact that they were being recorded, though? Seems like it would be a no-brainer not to do that, even if they act like that off-screen.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Yeah, there's no such thing as a "routine review" when a Presidential candidate is involved. It's a partisan media trying to dig up dirt.

Word is Bush was supposed to be edited out of the video before it was released...NBC pushed back the release schedule due to Hurricane Matthew potentially pushing it out of the headlines, but it upset a producer at NBC who wanted it out as planned...so he went ahead and released it without scrubbing Bush out of it, which then forced them to let him go...with a tidy buyout to keep quiet about it.
Damn partisan media.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Starting to sound like both at Access Hollywood and at NBC Bush was not well liked and several articles use the "frat boy attitude" comment to describe how he carried himself

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Basically he did the "LOL you're sooo funny" ballwashing that these kinds of reporters have to do to celebrities.

I don't like the dude really. I don't like this whole ugly situation, but I don't see how he is at fault for anything. What was he supposed to do?

:facepalm:

Clinton has had that video in the hopper the whole time. Do not kid yourself it just happens to come out at this point in the race.

To quote Trump: "WRONG!"

:help:

As was already posted in the thread, it was leaked to the Washington Post and they released the story.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
As was already posted in the thread, it was leaked to the Washington Post and they released the story.
Leaked it/released it, what's the difference? The point is, it wasn't supposed to come back to Bush, but a rogue actor in NBC was too impatient to get it out and pushed it off the Washington Post since NBC was waiting on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad