TV: Billy Bush officially fired by NBC

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I don't know, I can't say for sure one way or the other but I lean towards kind of feeling bad for him. You're an inconsequential show host traveling with a big shot billionaire celebrity, and his "locker room" talk starts turning creepy. It's just you and him, do you really call him out on it, or do you smile & nod and hope it's over soon?

I mean Trump is a vindictive *******, speak out against him at that point and he could go storming off the show and/or may try to end your career. Maybe Billy didn't act as well as he could have here but it's kind of a ****** position to be in.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't know, I can't say for sure one way or the other but I lean towards kind of feeling bad for him. You're an inconsequential show host traveling with a big shot billionaire celebrity, and his "locker room" talk starts turning creepy. It's just you and him, do you really call him out on it, or do you smile & nod and hope it's over soon?

I mean Trump is a vindictive *******, speak out against him at that point and he could go storming off the show and/or may try to end your career. Maybe Billy didn't act as well as he could have here but it's kind of a ****** position to be in.

To me it was more the way he lead the conversation after they left the bus that was just really creepy and unneeded.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

He seemed like an active and willing participant to me. Volunteered some dialogue that wasn't needed if he was just trying to "smile and nod" it off.

From reading the news rags it looks like his career and marriage are probably over.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Wasn't he the guy Lochte first went to with his story? Seems Bush is surrounded by ****** smoke...

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002

Nodding and smiling is one thing but he directed his co-host(?) into that pig's arms for a kiss. I've been in a lot of locker rooms and have never heard **** like that.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Basically he did the "LOL you're sooo funny" ballwashing that these kinds of reporters have to do to celebrities.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I don't like the dude really. I don't like this whole ugly situation, but I don't see how he is at fault for anything. What was he supposed to do?

void

Jan 5, 2006
Basically he did the "LOL you're sooo funny" ballwashing that these kinds of reporters have to do to celebrities.

I don't like the dude really. I don't like this whole ugly situation, but I don't see how he is at fault for anything. What was he supposed to do?

I'm pretty sure he was fired for his behavior AFTER they got off the bus. It was gross and, imo, he deserved to get fired.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
ha-ha-nelson-Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480.jpg

One reason I don't like having anything to do with anything negative. Leave me out of it, I don't want any association.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I just found out that he is actually a Bush bush, did not even occur to me

It's really bizarre to hear about these bush's and Clintons landing these cushy TV jobs

Supposedly chelsea Clinton got a 500k a year job straight out of school where she did like 1 short interview a year.]

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Clinton has had that video in the hopper the whole time. Do not kid yourself it just happens to come out at this point in the race.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Clinton has had that video in the hopper the whole time. Do not kid yourself it just happens to come out at this point in the race.

According to TMZ--they are saying that it was during a routine review of several shows trump was on that Access Hollywood came across the video and the EP and other producers were not going to do anything. TMZ is saying they got it directly from Access Hollywood's crew--the video did not come out via the Clinton campaign--supporters yes

edit--sorry misread

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/11/donald-trump-hurricane-matthew-access-hollywood-leak/

Looks like there was sever conflict at access hollywood

We're told the bosses at 'Access' decided the Trump story could get buried if it ran Friday, when the hurricane seemed most ominous. But members of the staff were upset because they wanted the piece to run before Sunday's debate, and Monday was too late for them.
After the decision was made to wait, someone leaked it to The Washington Post.

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Not undeserved but let's be honest, the only reason he got fired is because it got out. And it happened to involve a guy who would run for president 11 years later. Otherwise he would probably have been applauded by NBC for doing his job, "making his guest comfortable", etc.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've seen only the stuff in the bus, which doesn't seem that bad from Bush. Is what happened after they got out of the bus (i.e. what you're saying is the most inexcusable) part of the whole video or captured elsewhere?

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I've seen only the stuff in the bus, which doesn't seem that bad from Bush. Is what happened after they got out of the bus (i.e. what you're saying is the most inexcusable) part of the whole video or captured elsewhere?

It's part of the same video. When they get off and meet with Arianne Zucker, they shake hands and Billy tells her "how about a little hug for the Donald?" Also acts like a ****** as they walk to the studio. Asks "if you had choose between one of us, me or the Donald?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad