Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
My top 15 "draft board". As long as the Bills draft one of these guys at #8 Ill be happy. This is by far one of the worst draft classes in NFL history, there are no clear cut top 5 choices. Joeckel would not even be in the top 5 of most draft classes yet he is #1 in this one almost by default.

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Jarvis Jones
3. Barkevious Mingo
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Geno Smith
6. Damontre Moore
7. Bjoern Werner
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Dion Jordan
10. Eric Fisher
11. Ryan Nassib
12. Sharif Floyd
13. Dee Miliner
14. Lane Johnson
15. Sheldon Richardson
Surprised you have Dee so low. Concerned about the surgery? Because if he is fine/okay, you're looking at a sweet combo of size, speed, and physicality at the CB position.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
My top 15 "draft board". As long as the Bills draft one of these guys at #8 Ill be happy. This is by far one of the worst draft classes in NFL history, there are no clear cut top 5 choices. Joeckel would not even be in the top 5 of most draft classes yet he is #1 in this one almost by default.

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Jarvis Jones
3. Barkevious Mingo
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Geno Smith
6. Damontre Moore
7. Bjoern Werner
8. Alec Ogletree
9. Dion Jordan
10. Eric Fisher
11. Ryan Nassib
12. Sharif Floyd
13. Dee Miliner
14. Lane Johnson
15. Sheldon Richardson

You'd be happy if they draft Nassib at #8 overall?!?

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I'd take Nassib, but nowhere near the 8th pick. 2nd round or serious trade down

edit: and at this point, even if they trade down in the first, they should be going with LB or WR

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Well we can kiss Milliner goodbye at #8. He just posted a 4.31. The shoulder thing won't matter. He's a top 5 pick.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
This will change after free agency, but right now I have:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville - DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
3. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
4. Philadelphia - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
5. Detroit - LB Dion Jordan, Oregon
6. Cleveland - LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
7. Arizona - QB Gino Smith, West Virginia
8. Buffalo - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Surprised you have Dee so low. Concerned about the surgery? Because if he is fine/okay, you're looking at a sweet combo of size, speed, and physicality at the CB position.

We have more pressing needs then another player in the secondary. Enough with the CBs , in our secondary we have Gilmore and McKelvin as 1st round picks, Aaron Williams and Byrd as 2nd round picks and Searcy was a 4th. We have invested enough high picks back there, we need to address other areas more. I know it's a pass first league and you can never have enough secondary, I'd rather address CB and WR as our big additions in free agency and be able to use our 1st on a QB, LB or lineman.I am also very wary of Patterson, only 1 year of D1 football. Last time we drafted someone with only 1 year of starting experience he was one of the worst busts in Bills history.There is also great value in the 2nd (Woods and Hopkins), I don't want Allen or Patterson at 8.

You'd be happy if they draft Nassib at #8 overall?!?
Well I have Nassib as the 2nd best QB and we need a QB. We can't just say we will wait for next year. Even if they don't have the top 10 "grades", virtually every single draft has atleast 1-2 very good QBs. I'm banking on Geno and Nassib being those 2.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We have more pressing needs then another player in the secondary. Enough with the CBs , in our secondary we have Gilmore and McKelvin as 1st round picks, Aaron Williams and Byrd as 2nd round picks and Searcy was a 4th. We have invested enough high picks back there, we need to address other areas more. I know it's a pass first league and you can never have enough secondary, I'd rather address CB and WR as our big additions in free agency and be able to use our 1st on a QB, LB or lineman.I am also very wary of Patterson, only 1 year of D1 football. Last time we drafted someone with only 1 year of starting experience he was one of the worst busts in Bills history.There is also great value in the 2nd (Woods and Hopkins), I don't want Allen or Patterson at 8.

Well I have Nassib as the 2nd best QB and we need a QB. We can't just say we will wait for next year. Even if they don't have the top 10 "grades", virtually every single draft has atleast 1-2 very good QBs. I'm banking on Geno and Nassib being those 2.

1. Just because you invested high picks on secondary doesn't mean you don't have a need there. Drafting Milliner would allow the Bills to run an effective Cover 1 or Man that would allow the D-line and LBs to focus squarely on creating pressure, stopping the run, and eyeing the TEs (which is why they desperately need better LBs).

2. Just because every single draft has 1 or 2 starters doesn't mean that one that is rated highly isn't a bust. (It allows matters greatly on where you go and what scheme is used). Drafting a QB in the first round at 8 is not only a reach but a waste on potentially getting a game-breaker and drafting a QB in the 2nd (Wilson, Glennon, Nassib, Manuel - one of them will be there). Barkley and Smith are the 2 best QBs in this draft.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This will change after free agency, but right now I have:

God I hope not. My buddy is a big twitter user and has said that every team that has interviewed Patterson has had bad team interview reports.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
We have to take a QB early. Not taking one/ taking 7th round guys is a waste of time. I'd draft Smith at #8 and if he doesn't pan out right away I would draft one in round 1 of 2015. Geno probably will be gone at 8 , but if he isn't can we please draft Smith in round 1, Robert Woods in round 2 and then the best ILb in round 3 ? We get our franchise QB and address our two other biggest weaknesses , Lb and WR.

Smith? PASS.

He was great the first half of 2012? His 2nd...as bad as the Mountaineers season. The Big 12 hs no defense, so to me it speak volumes.

Before 2012 I would have said Jones or Barkley is a consensou number 1. Barkley?? UHad a decent season but injured that shoulder. Jones had a sub par season

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
1. Just because you invested high picks on secondary doesn't mean you don't have a need there. Drafting Milliner would allow the Bills to run an effective Cover 1 or Man that would allow the D-line and LBs to focus squarely on creating pressure, stopping the run, and eyeing the TEs (which is why they desperately need better LBs).

2. Just because every single draft has 1 or 2 starters doesn't mean that one that is rated highly isn't a bust. (It allows matters greatly on where you go and what scheme is used). Drafting a QB in the first round at 8 is not only a reach but a waste on potentially getting a game-breaker and drafting a QB in the 2nd (Wilson, Glennon, Nassib, Manuel - one of them will be there). Barkley and Smith are the 2 best QBs in this draft.

1. There are plenty of good CBs in free agency. We can address our needs there. The Bills philosophy of Drafting cornerbacks and safeties in the first the last 7-8 years has worked wonders for the team.

2. Ok. Every single player has a chance of a busting.On who will be the best QB we will see. The Bills need a good QB. No position matters more. I think Geno Smith and Nassib will both be franchise QBs. I'll take my chance on finally taking a QB for once, since all of our 1st round picks that we have used on these supposed "game-breakers" in recent history has simply not worked for this team. QB has been the one constant weakness and I'm praying Marrone and co. Realize that is the most important need. None of these players in this draft are elite potential HoF prospects. Every analyst has said this is one of the weakest drafts in years and that there isn't much of a difference between #5 and #20. I'll take my chance on a QB then take a chance on another similar level prospect.

Smith? PASS.

He was great the first half of 2012? His 2nd...as bad as the Mountaineers season. The Big 12 hs no defense, so to me it speak volumes.

Before 2012 I would have said Jones or Barkley is a consensou number 1. Barkley?? UHad a decent season but injured that shoulder. Jones had a sub par season

Smith is the consensus #1 QB. I laugh about the Big 12 not having any good defenses. That's not true. If a guy has 3 years of starting exerience with 97 passing Tds and only 21 picks during that time frame I'd gladly draft him at #8. The guy has back to back 4200+ yard seasons. He had 42 Tds and only 6 picks last year. He limits his turnovers and can pour it on at any time. I'm hoping beyond all hope that somehow he makes it to #8, but it won't happen. I'd even give up a 4th this year and a 2014 3rd to move up a few spots to guarantee him. Nix said he isn't averse to trading up for a QB, Hoping it actually happens.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Post-combine 1.0:

9. NY Jets - DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
10. Tennessee - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
11. San Diego - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
12. Miami - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.
13. Tampa Bay - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
14. Carolina - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
15. New Orleans - LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
16. St. Louis - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
17. Pittsburgh - LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
18. Dallas - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
19. NY Giants - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
20. Chicago - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
21. Cincinnati - LB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
22. Washington - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
23. Minnesota - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
24. Indianapolis - CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon
25. Seattle - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
26. Green Bay - CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.
27. Houston - WR Keenan Allen, California
28. Denver - S Matt Elam, Florida
29. New England - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
30. Atlanta - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
31. San Francisco - LB Arthur Brown, Kansas St.
32. Baltimore - LB Jon Bostic, Florida

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Post-combine 1.0:

9. NY Jets - DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
10. Tennessee - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
11. San Diego - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
12. Miami - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.
13. Tampa Bay - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
14. Carolina - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
15. New Orleans - LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
16. St. Louis - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
17. Pittsburgh - LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
18. Dallas - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
19. NY Giants - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
20. Chicago - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
21. Cincinnati - LB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
22. Washington - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
23. Minnesota - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
24. Indianapolis - CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon
25. Seattle - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
26. Green Bay - CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.
27. Houston - WR Keenan Allen, California
28. Denver - S Matt Elam, Florida
29. New England - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
30. Atlanta - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
31. San Francisco - LB Arthur Brown, Kansas St.
32. Baltimore - LB Jon Bostic, Florida

Looks good until 7. Arizona wants Barkley more than Smith.... don't be surprised if Barkley starts moving up the mock drafts

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Alex Smith traded to the Chiefs for #34 and a Pick next year....wow. What overpayment. That pick is almost a late 1st Rounder and Smith no more then a game manager. Very happy Buffalo didn't offer anything close to that ridiculous package.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Alex Smith traded to the Chiefs for #34 and a Pick next year....wow. What overpayment. That pick is almost a late 1st Rounder and Smith no more then a game manager. Very happy Buffalo didn't offer anything close to that ridiculous package.

That does seem like too much, but it's a reflection of the scarcity of viable QB upgrades this year. The top tier of the QB class has approximate 2nd round value and apparently the Chiefs like Alex Smith more than any of them. Unfortunately now that he's gone, it's safe to say the Bills will be unable to significantly upgrade at QB next season.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Think about the freakin 49ers. I think they have 15 picks this year, including #31 and #34. And they get a bonus 2nd round pick by trading a backup. Geez.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The last QB to show up in KC that had a lot of interest? Matt Cassel. Result? Flamed out. Sure Smith could be different but it's not like KC has some great track record for sniffing out talent either.

The draft picks may be a bit much but I guess it also depends on how you look at things. Not every draft pick or prospect will hit. Of course thats all 20-20 hindsight, It seems a bit steep but you also have to look at your team. What if you were just that QB away from possibly being decent? Easily worth it IMO to give up picks for one draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad