NFL: Bills-Bengals postponement impact on schedule discussion (UPD: Game cancelled)

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
So what is the result of the game then. A tie? That give the Bengals the division and puts KC in the driver's seat for the #1 seed.

I'd guess it's a no contest, they each only have 16 results on their record and that winning % is used to determine seeding. Like I said earlier, huge blind spot in the league's policies.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Have you been reading social media today or listening to radio sports talk or watching TV news stations. I have seen many many people saying the NFL should shutdown until Hamlin is known to be okay or cancel the whole season. Not to mention some saying the Bills will not play their game this weekend. It is ridiculous. Then they should forfeit. Sorry but that is the truth.
Social media and sports media give the loudest voice to the most extreme opinions.

Take all that with a grain of salt.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Sure. And if it does, I won't blame someone for needing a respite.

But keeping going on about player toughness from behind your screen.

The thing is football is probably the one sport where you want player to be completely focused to avoid injury. Come off the line the wrong way and you end up on IR.
No argument ,the only other example I can think of that the consequences are that severe is The Isle of Mann TT which ill assume your familiar with.. Yeah umm , there is no right answer. I'm not concerned about when this game gets played however I do believe its important in the days to come to get these players together and re-bond , a smile /a laugh can go a long way in a hart breaking situation.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Offseason is already 6 months. Don’t see why they can’t push the start of the playoffs back a week. Teams will be so much fresher and the quality of football should be even better.

If there is a bye week between Championship games and the SB, make up the time then.
It’s been well over 2 decades since the nfl consistently had a bye week between the championship game and the SB. They like the hype and media day. And teams get to actually practice during the said bye week as there is too much going on during SB week in the host city.

Really going to be a tough call regardless of what they decide as you can certainly argue many different options.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd guess it's a no contest, they each only have 16 results on their record and that winning % is used to determine seeding. Like I said earlier, huge blind spot in the league's policies.

That basically makes it ”quaranteed” Buffalo will lose their #1 spot

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That basically makes it ”quaranteed” Buffalo will lose their #1 spot
The Bills have NE on this weeks schedule, What would be a game the Bills are heavy favorites now looks like a game that would be easy to drop and give up the 1 seed anyway...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Bills have NE on this weeks schedule, What would be a game the Bills are heavy favorites now looks like a game that would be easy to drop and give up the 1 seed anyway...

This has really 2 ways it can go for Buffalo

A) They collapse
B) They play for Damar

Don’t see anything between

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

NFL says they never said a 5 minute warmup would take place and then the game would go on.

ESPN and Joe Buck say......yea.....you did.

"There was constant communication in real time between ESPN and league and game officials,” ESPN said in a statement. “As a result of that, we reported what we were told in the moment and immediately updated fans as new information was learned."

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

NFL says they never said a 5 minute warmup would take place and then the game would go on.

"There was constant communication in real time between ESPN and league and game officials,” ESPN said in a statement. “As a result of that, we reported what we were told in the moment and immediately updated fans as new information was learned."

Well they have to defend why reported 5 minutes.

Is ESPN going to cite an nfl representative’s name as their source who said 5 minutes? Unlikely….. both sides are best to let this matter pass…. They are partners after all..

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well they have to defend why reported 5 minutes.

Is ESPN going to cite an nfl representative’s name as their source who said 5 minutes? Unlikely….. both sides are best to let this matter pass…. They are partners after all..
Or did someone misunderstand what was said. Maybe it was take five minutes to pause and see how everyone is feeling.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

I'll take someone who knows football over a trolling agent who has a luggage fetish.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

I'll take someone who knows football over a trolling agent who has a luggage fetish

Wasn't Walsh the dude that tweeted that pic of Marc Andre fleury getting stabbed by a huge sword that one time

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Their concerns for their colleague's health are legitimate. So is the concern that they at some point in the near future need to continue with the performance of the roles they're being compensated for.

That's why your whole "oh you're just some measly little person of no consequence, not a heroic athlete" shtick is pointless and meaningless - and offensive to ordinary people everywhere expected to do all kinds of shit in much more difficult circumstances for much less money.
Being compelled to do work or a task doesn't mean the human mentally "handled" it. It just means the work needs to be done and dealing with the damage deferred.

Military guys sure can accomplish a mission and see all sorts of atrocities. That doesn't mean they're immune from PTSD and other issue later when their service is done.

Far from coming off as some regular guy, you come off as a cookie cutter CEO or plantation owner.

Reactions: SladeWilson23

DoyleG

Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Their concerns for their colleague's health are legitimate. So is the concern that they at some point in the near future need to continue with the performance of the roles they're being compensated for.

That's why your whole "oh you're just some measly little person of no consequence, not a heroic athlete" shtick is pointless and meaningless - and offensive to ordinary people everywhere expected to do all kinds of shit in much more difficult circumstances for much less money.
1672782087927.png

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This has really 2 ways it can go for Buffalo

A) They collapse
B) They play for Damar

Don’t see anything between
Option A is not going to happen.
I've been a season ticket holder for some time, have met many of these players at events, out in public. That's not who they are.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Strange allies form. Troy Vincent going with the NFL's line.
Would the PA look good if they were ok to continue the game?

I’m sure that there is a chain of command in terms of communication with whom the NFL is talking with at the stadium. That’s the ultimate on that ESPN should be relying on. More likely than not it’s miscommunication.

At the end of the day, the nfl and ESPN should just drop this matter as the game was postponed and they are partners.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Another difference here is players have a lot more power about their work conditions than you do. If you had the power to not immediately go back to work, I bet you would use it.

Again, stop comparing your life to theirs. Next you're going to start telling stories about your days paying middle school football.

Reactions: Pens1566 and PBandJ

DoyleG

Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Joe "My Brain isn't Connected to my Mouth" Buck and ESPN are going to double down because they screwed up on the air.
This what I hate about society today. It's either one side is lying or it's the other side. The possibility of a miscommunication is nonexistent.

Both sides can be innocent in this case.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Option A is not going to happen.
I've been a season ticket holder for some time, have met many of these players at events, out in public. That's not who they are.

You don’t know that.

You really can’ say in what place their minds are and are going to be when other teams are going at full speed this time of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad