News Article: Billboard On Yellowhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy2013

Jan 11, 2014
What do you guys think about the " This is a Lowe as we go" billboard???

link here

https://www.facebook.com/Lowemustgo

MOD EDIT: Here's the pic

Bejru9ACUAA_ReU.jpg:large

Last edited:

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Why not link the news article instead of a facebook page? Are you the one who runs the page trying to get more traffic?

Kennedy2013

Jan 11, 2014
Why not link the news article instead of a facebook page? Are you the one who runs the page trying to get more traffic?

Sorry internet ninja.... I have better things to do besides trying to re-direct more traffic...... umm watching movies in fort mac hotel room......and eating chips.

Thanks MOD!

cyril*

Maybe Kevin can write us a letter like he did back in 2007 (sound similar to Katz letter or what?)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=354867

Hi, this is Kevin Lowe.

After a very eventful week around the hockey club, I wanted to take a moment and communicate to you, our most valued customers, our continued commitment to success.

As I stated last week, our hockey club will always do what we feel is in the best interest of our fans, and in the best interest of building a Stanley Cup championship team here in Oil Country.

Right now, we have a core group of veteran players and a wealth of emerging young talent. Last week’s trade brought us two more young players in Robert Nilsson and Ryan O’Marra, and another first round draft choice in this year’s NHL draft. They will join players like Pouliot, Jacques, Stortini, Brodziak, and Schremp, just to name a few, as potential members of a championship Oilers club. Certainly, along the way, we will add to our roster through trades and free agency when the right opportunities are there, now that we have the resources to do so. Make no mistake; our plan is to return the Stanley Cup to Edmonton.

We have an exciting future ahead of us all, and we look forward to sharing it with you.

Thanks again for your ongoing support of Oilers Hockey.

Kennedy2013

Jan 11, 2014
Maybe Kevin can write us a letter like he did back in 2007 (sound similar to Katz letter or what?)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=354867
]]

Brutal.... no assets remain form that address to the fans......

I read an article in the Sun about the AV's and McKinnon and I've have decided i will make an effort to cheer for them from now on. It sucks but I'm so apathetic about the Oilers now that its actually kind of cathartic to cheer for a new team......

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not one of those players are with the Oilers organization any more. Yikes. :shakehead

While I'm on the 'Lowe Must Go' bandwagon, I'm certain that's not the whole letter (or that's not Kevin Lowe).

Those seem to be names of guys who never really were 'players' here.

The fact that only one is an NHLer makes that a little suspect.

cyril*

While I'm on the 'Lowe Must Go' bandwagon, I'm certain that's not the whole letter (or that's not Kevin Lowe).

It was a letter sent out to people who bought tickets back in 2007.

Funny how as time passes, things stay the same. That was a thread debating the merits of Kevin Lowe and he's still incompetent today.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Sorry internet ninja.... I have better things to do besides trying to re-direct more traffic...... umm watching movies in fort mac hotel room......and eating chips.

Thanks MOD!

What does internet ninja mean?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not one of those players are with the Oilers organization any more. Yikes. :shakehead

It's not that none of them are with the organization. Not many players stick with an organization for 7 years. It's that none of them with the exception of Brodziak are even still in the NHL. And we have zero assets from any of them.

Nilsson - bought out
O'Marra - not re-signed
Pouliot - not re-signed
Jacques - not re-signed
Stortini - not re-signed
Schremp - claimed off waivers
Brodziak - traded for 4th round pick (Kyle Bigos - essentially not signed) and 5th round pick (Olivier Roy - traded to Calgary with Smid).

Kennedy2013

Jan 11, 2014
It's not that none of them are with the organization. Not many players stick with an organization for 7 years. It's that none of them with the exception of Brodziak are even still in the NHL. And we have zero assets from any of them.

Nilsson - bought out
O'Marra - not re-signed
Pouliot - not re-signed
Jacques - not re-signed
Stortini - not re-signed
Schremp - claimed off waivers
Brodziak - traded for 4th round pick (Kyle Bigos - essentially not signed) and 5th round pick (Olivier Roy - traded to Calgary with Smid).

Nice post...reality hurts.....championship team...... what a bunch of crap!!!!!!!

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

You are sadly 100% mistaken.

This was damage control for the Smytty trade revolt.

Just the same dolts peddling the same crap over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad