Bill Peters may (or may not) have been fired as Flames' HC (READ POST #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Okay, we are back open. Read this entire post prior to proceeding.

We've been trying to reconcile the following two true statements:
(1) We need a thread to discuss this important NHL-related event.
(2) Every thread on this event gets meaningfully derailed.

This is how we're going to do it. These are the rules: You can discuss this specific incident (while staying in good taste). If you generalize this incident IN ANY FASHION, or otherwise try to move this topic somewhere else, it will be dealt with.

Zero tolerance policy, capiche?

Proceed.

UPDATE -
Folks, we've been deleting a lot of shit in the thread recently. RE-READ THE STICKIED FIRST POST, and strongly consider what you post next.

Last edited by a moderator:

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
There's racial allegations and the team needs a shake up. I don't know why the Flames would keep him around and I personally don't think they will.
I suspect they are doing an investigation so they can fire him for cause and not have to pay him out the remainder of his contract.

Reactions: Nessa and vanarchy

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... ehh... How come this firing may or may not have happened?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
There's racial allegations and the team needs a shake up. I don't know why the Flames would keep him around and I personally don't think they will.

the team would look almost as bad if they used unproven allegations to fire a coach because they’re in need of a shake up.

Not saying he’s innocent but if he’s fired it should be for the right reasons. Unless of course they were planning on letting him go anyway.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
... ehh... How come this firing may or may not have happened?
This, I thought that Tweet was confirmed. If he actually wasn't there's going to be such an insane amount of pressure on Calgary to do it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Treliving looked a bit surprised when a reporter told him two of Aliu's teammates corroborated the allegation.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
the team would look almost as bad if they used unproven allegations to fire a coach because they’re in need of a shake up.

Not saying he’s innocent but if he’s fired it should be for the right reasons. Unless of course they were planning on letting him go anyway.
I don't disagree. I don't think anything changes until they make a trade with a core player.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Last time I looked it up any team can fire any coach at any time for any reason.

Peters will still get paid and Calgary does need a shakeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad