Bill Muckalt

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=211113023

Ottawa scores 11 in a route of Washington. Bill Muckalt is -3...

But then again so is Fisher so you could make an argument. Either way I thought it was hilarious. So sad to see this guy go downhill. I realize he had bad luck in Ottawa, but then he went to Minny and appeared to have something going, then season-ending injury. He comes back a season later w/ the Aeros, only to be pushed out so room could be made for other Minny prospects. Almost like Cheechoo.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Rob Zettler was a nice guy, taking the worst defensive players of the night with him to the box and letting them take out their frustrations.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Alfie with the hat trick and he's only the #2 star. You know that your team had a good night when that happens.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jesus, I looked at the title and thought for a second someone had bumped a 12 year old thread, haha.

If I remember correctly, at the time of the trade, we wanted to get Connolly, but settled for Muckalt.

Muckalt probably hit a dozen posts and crossbars that year; he got a good amount of chances, but couldn't finish. Reminds me of Steve Martin in that respect.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Really? I'd say outside of Muckalts time in ottawa, it was the other way around.

Martins had 21 goals in 267 games, Muckalt put up 40 in 186 games not including the 70 games in Ottawa.

Damn... he got me.

It's a pun... Martins' nose would put Marchand's to shame.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It's a pun... Martins' nose would put Marchand's to shame.

Which Steve Martin are we talking about here?

Roxanne.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
By the end of the season, they were trying to set him up for a goal. I think J.Martin was even sending him out late in the game when the opposition's net was empty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad