Martin Madden Jr.
Daniel Briere
Pat Brisson

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy and Canadienna

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Bolts extended Brisebois no? Anyways, I think Briere is the best bet. He's got little to no experience but that's why we got Gorton. Briere is smart, competitive, a perfectionist, knows the importance of skilled offense and fits into what Gorton wants. I know Gorton will do most of the work for now as a GM so I'm more curious about our scouting. Seems like most of them have left/got fired since they arent listed. Trent Mann and Madden Jr would be probably the best candidates you could get. I'm hoping Gorton emphasizes the importance of good drafting and not just development like he said.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Last part: Speculation: - Bilingual Coaches and GM Candidate List

Coaches:
Michel Therrien
Alain Vigneault
Claude Julien
Joel Bouchard
Patrick Roy
Bob Hartley
Guy Boucher
Pascal Vincent
Ian Laperrière
Benoit Groulx
Alain Tourigny
Marc Crawford
Jim Montgomery

GM:
Roberto Luongo
Julian Brisebois
Mathieu Darche
Martin Brodeur
Patrick Roy
Dale Tallon
Pierre McGuire
Pierre Dorion
Pierre Gauthier
Martin Madden Jr.
Daniel Briere
Pat Brisson
What would happen to this list if working for or being associated with the Montreal Canadiens in the past, wasn’t a pre-requisite?

it would be a hella short list

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The media should stop only covering Patrick Roy and give us a bettter back ground of other candidate, we don’t a lot about Kent Hughes by exemple

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Honest question: at what point does talent supersede the bilingualism for management? Like for instance if the Isles just keep losing and fire Barry Trotz (won’t happen), I don’t think that’s the type of talent you can ignore. And while there will be some complaints, I think the people that actually follow hockey would all realize it was the best move possible.

Not trying to start a language debate here, just a simple question on if the debate has its limits. Would a Trotz or Jon Cooper make people bite their tongues?

Reactions: Njfj

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The media should stop only covering Patrick Roy and give us a bettter back ground of other candidate, we don’t a lot about Kent Hughes by exemple
They don’t care because he comes from Beaconsfield and he constitutes a boring story. Sad but reality. Roy is exciting to them. Better ratings with him there.
Plus Roy is part of the Quebecor family. They like their cross-media promos.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Honest question: at what point does talent supersede the bilingualism for management? Like for instance if the Isles just keep losing and fire Barry Trotz (won’t happen), I don’t think that’s the type of talent you can ignore. And while there will be some complaints, I think the people that actually follow hockey would all realize it was the best move possible.

Not trying to start a language debate here, just a simple question on if the debate has its limits. Would a Trotz or Jon Cooper make people bite their tongues?
If you’re going for a rebuild, Trotz ain’t your man.

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
This coaching list is actually atrocious , I wouldn't trust any of those coaches for a rebuild. That might only be me tho

Yeah, the list is amfull, by exception methode among them Hartley is a strong candidate.
Now he's far away from NHL and get another one perspective in KHL and connections there, that is also good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad