Biggest what if moments of the 2018 playoffs?

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
What if that pass to Crosby in game 1 of the Pitt/Washington series hadn't somehow defied physics and jumped over Ovechkin's stick? Then Pitt doesn't tie it there and probably loses, ends up getting swept by the Caps and Sid is so downtrodden after the series beatdown he decides to retire. Pens eventually relocate to Houston.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't know why people are so quick to decide that if Columbus win the Game 3 that they would actually beat the Capitals. Capitals beat them 4 times in a row and in games 4-6 the Blue Jackets hold the lead once and that lasted slightly over 2 minutes. Obviously you never know if there is a Game 7 but looking back there is still a good chance Capitals would beat them 4 times in a row even if they were facing elimination in all of those 4 games.

Reactions: flamesforcup

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
What if Wilson gets called for the slewfooot on Maatta that led to the game winner for Ovie?

Malkin's post?

What if Letang gets called for the trip on Couts in game 6 and the Flyers end up on the PP instead of down 2 goals?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
What if Joe Thornton was healthy? was having a great year and surprisingly shooting more than we’ve ever seen him shoot especially on the PP. could have been a difference maker vs VGK

Reactions: Phu and HomeAndHome

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
What if Letang gets called for the trip on Couts in game 6 and the Flyers end up on the PP instead of down 2 goals?
Then they likely get smoked in game 7 in Pittsburgh. Maybe not, though. Either way Washington wins in the second round because Philly just wasn't very good and we are where we are.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
What if Joe Thornton was healthy? was having a great year and surprisingly shooting more than we’ve ever seen him shoot especially on the PP. could have been a difference maker vs VGK
I like this one. (Maybe because it doesn't seem as salty as most of the others :laugh:)

Jumbo was playing pretty well this year, I'm sure him being healthy would have changed the series quite a bit. I'm hoping we see him in at least one more playoffs, guy's a beast when he wants to be.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
It's a what if thread...the whole point of it is, "What if..."

There's lots of other peeps asking the same questions about non calls in the thread

Like, what if Matthews showed up for the playoffs?
you wouldn't want to know what happens when if matthews showed up for the playoffs...

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
also what if the sharks didn't hit 5 posts in game 6. fleury wasn't seeing the puck all night and just got extremely lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad