Biggest Trash Talker in NHL?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
My guess is Burrows and Kesler. Giroux chirped when mic'd up for 247 but nothing too crazy. What Kesler and Burrows were saying about Backes wife was pretty extreme. Considering what other people (Tootoo and O'Sullivan) think of Burrow's that may be on the lower end of things said.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Burrows has toned it down big time. I don't think the Canucks even have a trash talker these days which is kind of sad since at one point we had Kesler/Burrows/Lapierre

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Brassard was a huge trash talker on the Rangers. Don't know if he does a lot with the Sens.

mamhWfu.jpg

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'd bet anyone any money that if you polled every player in the league, Burrows and Kesler would be in most top 3's. Burrows more so. I agree that he's toned it down, but he definitely still does it... And when he does, it seems to work quite well. He's reportedly gone way overboard many times, and I doubt it's stopped drastically. He's just that kind of player.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This, and in more than one language, loved the pat on the back he gave ovi in front of the net, ovi did not take it well. :naughty:

If you're referring to the most recent Caps/Leafs game then you're thinking of Orpik. Ovie was the one who scored the OT winner right in front of Komarov. :D

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This, and in more than one language, loved the pat on the back he gave ovi in front of the net, ovi did not take it well. :naughty:

It's a very rare time when Komarov can find a player who speaks a language he CAN'T chirp him in.

For that reason alone I think we gotta go with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad