Biggest Point Producers of the Future?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Maverick, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Maverick

Maverick Registered User

Home Page:
    Of the following guys, I'd like your input as to who you believe will be the biggest point producer at the NHL level.

A. Ladd
    A. Radulov
    L. Tukonen
    R. Schremp
    A. Picard
    L. Korpikoski
    R. Olesz
    T. Zajac

Also, feel free to mention someone (other than Ovechkin and Malkin) who's not on this list if you feel they're a superior point producer.

Thanks in advance.

-Mav

2. Mr. Lack

Mr. Lack Registered User

Home Page:
    I'd like to say that Schremp seems to have the most "offensive upside" of this group but if you had a gun to my head to pick one of these players,...I'd pick Ladd.

I just think he'll be more consistent.

3. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    1.) Radulov
    2.) Schremp
    3.) Olesz
    4.) Tukonen
    5.) Ladd
    6.) Picard
    7.) Zajac
    8.) Korpikoski

4. CH Wizard

CH Wizard Guest

1) Shremp
    2) Radulov
    3) Tukonen
    4) Olesz
    5) Ladd
    6) Picard
    7) Zajac
    8) Korpikoski

5. chsb

chsb Registered User

Home Page:
    Sidney Crosby might play NHL before half of these guys and will put 30% more points at his first year than any of these.

6. Jason MacIsaac

NWO RCN
    Now this may take some effort and loads of time for you.......What do all the names mentioned in the original post have in common that Crosby doesn't......I will be here for two days....after that your by yourself.

7. chsb

chsb Registered User

Home Page:
    The only possible thing I can see is that these guys were drafted while Crosby isn't.

Maverick wrote:
    "Also, feel free to mention someone (other than Ovechkin and Malkin) who's not on this list if you feel they're a superior point producer.

Thanks in advance."

So I feel free to repeat that Crosby will play NHL before 50% of these guys and will outscore them by 30% at his rookie season.

8. Jason MacIsaac

NWO RCN
    I think he meant other people in the 2004 draft. It is odd that all those players mentioned, including Malkin and Ovechkin, where drafted this year.

9. Maverick

Maverick Registered User

Home Page:
    As much as I appreciate the addition of Crosby to this list, I'm only interested in players drafted in 2004. I'm definitely aware that Crosby is better than all of these players. I guess I should have been more specific...

10. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:
    Radulov
    Schremp
    Tukonen
    Olesz
    Zajac
    Ladd
    Picard
    Korpikoski

11. moosefan

moosefan Registered User

University Student
    R. Schremp
    R. Olesz
    L. Tukonen
    A. Radulov
    M. Karsums
    A. Ladd
    A. Picard
    T. Zajac
    L. Korpikosk

I really think Schremp is the best of the offense here, I think Tukonen could be a bit overrated on these boards and I think that too much is being played about Olesz having trouble in the offensive end. With Olesz it reminds me of the Michalek issue as well and things are looking good for him in the offensive zone, I think Olesz will surprise people with the amount of offense he will bring. Picard is mostly goals, he is not a great passer so don't look for a alot of assists unless people clean his garbage up in front; Radulov has the most interesting package here, I will see for next year of him in Quebec; Ladd IMO will be a good all around player but I don't think he will be a 70 point scorer or anything, I think he will be a solid 50 to 60 range in the NHL.

Two steals in the 2nd round, Martin Karsums who I think will be better than almost 50% to 70% of the 1st rounders taken, and Bruce Graham who I think teams will look back and think why didn't we take these guys in the 1st rounds. I really think Karsums is going to be better than Picard, Picard IMO might not turn out to be the player people think he will be, Karsums has better hands than Picard and just as good a scoring touch, Karsums is more physical and tries more on the ice, Karsums has the ability though to pass the puck and make highlight plays while plays gritty and two way.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  12. Maverick

Maverick Registered User

Home Page:
    Thanks for the insight moosefan. It's greatly appreciated!

13. Barnaby

Barnaby Registered User

Not a big Lauri Korpikoski group here I guess ;)

R. Olesz
    A. Ladd
    L. Tukkonen
    A. Radulov
    L. Korpikoski
    R. Schremp
    A. Picard
    T. Zajac

14. X-SHARKIE

X-SHARKIE Registered User

Home Page:
    Agreed, :handclap: ...I began to make my list but then I saw your post and couldn't agree more, although i'm higher on TUkonen then you seem to be, although were close.

I think Olesz is much like Michalek. These elite talents that are simply just not in a league were they are asked to score. Olesz was never asked to be a scorer in the Czech elite league, much like Milan a year ago, but when you stick these guys with players there own age, they look dominant. Olesz and Michalek both had to deal with bad teams at their respect WJC's tournaments. Olesz does everything well. His skating isn't up there with Michalek's, he might not have Milans elite pure skill, but Olesz does everything you could ask for.
    I think everyone is underating Olesz just because of his #'s. If Olesz played in the CHL and got the top minutes other players recieved, he would've been the 4th overall selection IMO.

15. ndhockey21

ndhockey21 Registered User

I really like Zajac. He can put up the points and is big. Im not saying Zajac will be the top of this list but he will be up there.

16. Maverick

Maverick Registered User

Home Page:
    So, it seems as though over the group, the rankings would go something like:

1 - Schremp
    2 - Radulov
    3 - Olesz
    4 - Tukonen
    5 - Ladd
    6 - Zajac
    7 - Picard
    8 - Korpikoski

with honourable mention to Karsums and Graham.

Initially I had my rankings in a very similar order, but with Schremp much lower (in the 4/5 position). The reason being that I've heard concerns over his footspeed and to a much lesser extent, the "attitude problem". I'm not concerned with his attitude, but what of his footspeed? Is he quick enough to be a #1 center in the NHL?

Any more input on this or my original post would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance.

-Mav

17. eddy

eddy Registered User

School
    Home Page:
    By top end offencive potential:

1 - Schremp
    2 - Olesz
    3 - Radulov
    4 - Ladd
    5 - Tukonen
    6 - Zajac
    7 - Picard
    8 - Korpikoski

18. capman29

capman29 Guest

Boy am I glad you are not scouts or GM for any team . Allof you just showed you lk of knowledge or understanding for hockey by leaving off the two best players in the draft. Ovechkin will far and away bethebest scorer from those listed and Malkin will be second if medical condition do not end his chance of playing .

Why don't you people just stop posting until you learn about talent and how to evaluate it . This has to be the lowest use of oe's mind that I have ever read .

19. Grimrock Alberta

Grimrock Alberta Registered User

Also, feel free to mention someone (other than Ovechkin and Malkin) who's not on this list if you feel they're a superior point producer.

Thanks in advance.

-Mav

Maybe instead of acting all smart you should read the post and you would have seen that it was about everyone except Ovechkin and Malkin. CLOWN.

20. Maverick

Maverick Registered User

Home Page:
    I specifically wrote in my original post that Ovechkin and Malkin are not being considered in this survey because...wait for it...wait for it...I KNOW THEY'RE THE TWO BEST FROM THE 2004 DRAFT!

I was actually hoping you wouldn't respond to my question because I knew a response from you would just be another Ovechkin-related waste of time.

So, to recap, when I said "Of the following guys", I actually meant "Of the following guys" (a list which remarkably didn't include Ovechkin or Malkin)! And when I said "feel free to mention someone (other than Ovechkin and Malkin)", I actually meant "feel free to mention someone (other than Ovechkin and Malkin)".

Please have the decency to read the original message before you take shots at those posters who were kind enough to respond to my question and offer insight into their choices. And if you wish to answer my original question, I'd be happy to hear what you think. But don't bother if you're just going to tell me Ovechkin is the best, because I'm already well aware of that.

21. HOCKEY_GURU

HOCKEY_GURU Registered User

Home Page:
    Hmmm I think posters like this are just trying to yank your chain fully knowing what was stipulated.... and guys take the bait everytime... just ignore such messages and save your energies for better things... my 2 cents :thumbu:

22. Scottkmlps

Scottkmlps Registered User

Home Page:
    Are Ovechkin and Malkin apart of the question? No. And are you 100% certain that Ovechkin will be the best scorer from the '04 draft class? Are you psychic? Have a crystal ball? Or do you just visit, "Ask the Eight Ball" frequently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.