Biggest Playoff Choker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don’t know if I would call it choking, but people are really sleeping on the Flyers’ past ability to cruelly toy with their fans by constantly offering them hope & then utterly crushing it before them.

No one else has been to the Stanley Cup Finals six times in a row without a win. Throw in four ECF losses too.

Reactions: banks

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
It's been 55 years since Lord Stanley's Cup graced the streets of the Big Smoke...Hogtown... the 416..... the "Toronto" of Canada.

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
Team? Maybe Canucks or Sabres.
Player? Steven Stamkos
fetch

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The op said which team is the biggest playoff choker, Florida made the playoffs 3 times in the cap era, they would have to get to the playoffs first to qualify being a playoff choker :)

I don't disagree with you on that. But in your earlier post you said Toronto was the only team not to win a playoff round in the cap era - and that's not true. Florida also hasn't, since 1996.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I don't disagree with you on that. But in your earlier post you said Toronto was the only team not to win a playoff round in the cap era - and that's not true. Florida also hasn't, since 1996.
Yup your right, I stand corrected.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Toronto has 13 cups.

The correct answer is San Jose.
Cups in the era of 6 teams where they only needed to beat 2 teams to win.

Toronto has never even made the finals since the league added teams lol.

Sharks are close though. And I'm a sharks fan. That fat announcer/reporter was right when he said "JUST WIN THE GAME"

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Have they ever really had an elite forward to lead that team offense though?

This is true. I took a look at their team history and they've only finished first a couple of times in team history. So while they've been above average most of the time, they haven't been top contenders very often.

So I'll replace Nashville with Vancouver.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Obviously the Leafs. The Leafs have had terrific rosters that were 2nd and 3rd round calibre easily, but they completely folded under the pressure of the playoffs against harder working teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad