GDT: Biggest game of the season!! Pens @ Caps 7pm puck drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I had mentally checked out after the Jake trade and subsequent few games after where nobody tried. And I was one of the few optimists. Now they’re trying to drag me back in. And hurt me more.

Same. Don't worry this is a huge game. Probably the biggest moment of the season. And you know what this team does in big moments the last few years. So we can go back to not caring again after tonight.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Me, too. I cannot stress enough how much I despise the Capitals. Even after such a miserable, disappointing hope-destroying year that would sting having that sack of buttholes end their season more or less officially.

it's kind of funny. i honestly hate the majority of the end of the schedule and feel the penguins do too.

rangers
devils
caps
lightning
toronto (no vibes)
red wings
boston
nashville (no vibes)
islanders

The Penguins tend to get up to play a lot of these teams. Hopefully that means something.

if we can go 5-2 or preferably 5-1-1, I think we get in as long as the losses come against anybody but the Islanders, wings, and caps.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
it's kind of funny. i honestly hate the majority of the end of the schedule and feel the penguins do too.

rangers
devils
caps
lightning
toronto (no vibes)
red wings
boston
nashville (no vibes)
islanders

The Penguins tend to get up to play a lot of these teams. Hopefully that means something.

if we can go 5-2 or preferably 5-1-1, I think we get in as long as the losses come against anybody but the Islanders, wings, and caps.

You're right. I DO hate most of those teams.

I dunno. Hoping for the best. I never wanted to see this team miss the playoff to begin with. I don't even care about the whole "making Sullivan look good" thing. It's not like they are firing him, regardless.

Reactions: vodeni

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Let's see if Sid and Geno can keep willing this dogshit team and coach to the playoffs, or if we're getting another no show in a must-win game like how last season wound down. :laugh:

Reactions: Gurglesons

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah well these hobos better win because I could be using that time to aggressively spread liberty from the barrel of a 120MM orbital cannon in the name of glorious managed democracy but I guess I'm gonna watch this, instead. Or at least until I start getting that urge to scoop out my eyeballs with a spork to save them from witnessing too much Sullivan hockey.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tonight is.. enormous. Man I’m hoping they surprise me.
tumblr_olqosiSTVn1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yeah well these hobos better win because I could be using that time to aggressively spread liberty from the barrel of a 120MM orbital cannon in the name of glorious managed democracy but I guess I'm gonna watch this, instead. Or at least until I start getting that urge to scoop out my eyeballs with a spork to save them from witnessing too much Sullivan hockey.

Don't make me go report to your Democracy Officer.
Would Joel be happy with this.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Don't make me go report to your Democracy Officer.
Would Joel be happy with this.

Hey listen bud I was THERE when Malevelon Creek fell, OK? Don't you question my patriotism. I'm practically overflowing with liberty. I named my kid Democracy McFreedomEagle, OK? I turned my own grandmother in to the secret police because I found out she used to be an entomologist and that's basically treason.

As for Joel... he's probably too busy nerfing my favorite weapons to care.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Tonight is.. enormous. Man I’m hoping they surprise me.
This team has faced multiple huge moments this season (times when they could have cemented themselves in a playoff spot) and every single time they’ve responded not just with a loss, but a losing streak.

Normally I pull the reverse psychology / reverse jinx shit, but I just truly believe this team will come up short tonight, because it’s come up short in every big moment this season.

The only glimmer of hope is it’s not Jarry in net. But even Ned has been letting in some early goals recently

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This team has faced multiple huge moments this season (times when they could have cemented themselves in a playoff spot) and every single time they’ve responded not just with a loss, but a losing streak.

Normally I pull the reverse psychology / reverse jinx shit, but I just truly believe this team will come up short tonight, because it’s come up short in every big moment this season.

The only glimmer of hope is it’s not Jarry in net. But even Ned has been letting in some early goals recently

No Jarry, Graves or Acciari is really doing us wonders.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Earlier today I was thinking back to before Jarry signed his extension and people were arguing with me that he could ask for and justifiably receive 7ish million a year with term. Penguins fans are pretty funny sometimes even when they don't realize it.

Reactions: Gurglesons

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

Jarry being in the doghouse atleast intrigues me. At one point they had a nice little rotation going between the two and then we just started overusing Jarry and.. as per every post all-star break he implodes.

And to me.. listen we haven't done shit since 2018. Guys like Sid and Geno.. you keep em and you keep going for it whether they struggle in the playoffs or not. Why they tied up so much of the future - and not just Sid and Genos - to Jarry is just baffling with the amount of disappointment he's provided. year.after.year. I'm glad its Neds for the rest of the year. (and he may get overworked lol. atleast no more back to backs).

If only Carter could be in that list too..

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jarry being in the doghouse atleast intrigues me. At one point they had a nice little rotation going between the two and then we just started overusing Jarry and.. as per every post all-star break he implodes.

And to me.. listen we haven't done shit since 2018. Guys like Sid and Geno.. you keep em and you keep going for it whether they struggle in the playoffs or not. Why they tied up so much of the future - and not just Sid and Genos - to Jarry is just baffling with the amount of disappointment he's provided. year.after.year. I'm glad its Neds for the rest of the year. (and he may get overworked lol. atleast no more back to backs).

If only Carter could be in that list too..

I don't want to make it seem like I have something against Jarry in particular or blaming him for this season. He's just a goaltender. They're whatever in this league. But I guess I don't understand why the Penguins thought THIS one was the guy to hand a long term extension to. Like you said... he's done exactly nothing, here. And goaltenders are just a giant grab bag.

This team reserves it's loyalty for some truly odd candidates, oftentimes.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't want to make it seem like I have something against Jarry in particular or blaming him for this season. He's just a goaltender. They're whatever in this league. But I guess I don't understand why the Penguins thought THIS one was the guy to hand a long term extension to. Like you said... he's done exactly nothing, here. And goaltenders are just a giant grab bag.

This team reserves it's loyalty for some truly odd candidates, oftentimes.
There's just so few 'stud' goalies out there. Who do you fear? Vasi? Is that the list? I get investing in a guy like Oettinger. But the list is so short. Go get yourself a 2/3 defensemen with that money. Use it towards an actual impact winger for sid/geno. And I'm not here to be like Ned >>>> Jarry. But it was clearly not working and at some point the confidence in him from the others fades away. As it should. And missing the playoffs last year.. you'd think the FO would see its not working and move on. Nope, double down and give him 5 years...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There's just so few 'stud' goalies out there. Who do you fear? Vasi? Is that the list? I get investing in a guy like Oettinger. But the list is so short. Go get yourself a 2/3 defensemen with that money. Use it towards an actual impact winger for sid/geno. And I'm not here to be like Ned >>>> Jarry. But it was clearly not working and at some point the confidence in him from the others fades away. As it should. And missing the playoffs last year.. you'd think the FO would see its not working and move on. Nope, double down and give him 5 years...

Even when he HAS made the playoffs he's been a tire fire.

Don't get paying goaltenders in general. Definitely don't get paying this guy in particular.

But I guess it's whatever. He's not exactly top of the list when it comes to reasons why this season has spiraled down the shitter. But he does seem like yet another 5ish million dollar guy who is sorta just "there" on this roster. He's hardly alone in that regard. We got like five of those guys. We specialize in scouting out and finding these guys and paying them out on like 5-6 year contracts, evidently.

Reactions: wheelz87

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lot of young players with skill throughout this lineup, top draft picks…big advantage for the Caps…we could have done more of this but look who the coach wanted Dubas to bring in lol

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Great. So we get to watch a sick Kris Letang tonight in the most meaningful game since the last game of last season? I can’t handle watching him when he’s healthy…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad