BigBen's Fantasy Draft (Discussion Thread)

BigBenSF*

:nhl

BigBen's Fantasy Draft

[FIELDSET="Jobs"]
Commissioner: BigBenSF

Assistant Commissioner: ???
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Game Rules"]
• This is an eight man game.
• There will be twenty rounds.
• Every team needs to have 12 forwards, 6 defenders, and 2 goalies by the end of the draft.
• Only currently active NHL players can be selected. Retired players like Nicklas Lidstrom or KHL players like Ilya Kovalchuk cannot be selected.
• All players are considered healthy. Players like Steven Stamkos will be voted on like he is uninjured. Players with potential career-ending injuries (Pronger, Savard, etc.) will not be available for selection.
• The draft will be snaked. The GM with the #8 pick will have the #9 pick.
• To speed the game up and lessen time for GMs to update their rosters, there will be no salary cap.
• There will be no team names, just go by your username.

• Since I want this game to go fast, rules on activity will be harsh.
• No picks will be auto'ed, all will be skipped.
• If you are skipped two consecutive times, you are fired. it may sound harsh, but it can easily be avoided by sending me a list.
• You must update your roster regularly. It will take minimal work, and it makes my job a lot easier. Don't wait until the end of the draft to update, please.

• There are trades.
• In any trade you make involving draft picks, you must exchange the same number of draft picks. Any trade that has an uneven distribution of draft picks will be vetoed.
• You do not need to send any trade to me, just post it in this thread and have the other GM confirm.

• Voting on this game will be determined by a bracket system, similar to a March Madness tournament.
• The bracket can be seen here: http://challonge.com/HFfantasydraft
• It is a double elimination tournament. All matchups in the winner's bracket will be posted in the polls section, while all matchups in the loser's section will be voted on by the GMs from this game. That way, if you feel like your team did not deserve to get knocked out, you get a second chance.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Teams"]
BigBenSF
DonutLee
The Produce Man
MozesMadness
JayP812
RK 17
LatvianTwist
Flyerss

[/FIELDSET]

My apologies to those who were not chosen to play in this. Luckily, since this game will take a lot of activity, I strongly recommend every GM to have an assistant. If you would like to be a backup GM or an assistant, just post in here.

Draft thread with the draft order and rules will be up shortly.​

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBenSF*

GMs, post in this thread if you have read and understood the rules.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'd definitely would prefer having assistant for this game.

If there are lots of people interested then having 2 wouldn't hurt either.

BigBenSF*

because four GMs still haven't posted their rosters, I'm delaying the start to the draft to 4:00 PM EST. If you are a GM, and you haven't posted in this thread or the roster thread by 3:30 PM EST, you will be fired.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
I have read this Agreement and agree to the Rules and Conditions

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We're going back to the old chatzy rules. You've been warned - any links or obvious mention of chatzy will result in discipline.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

BigBenSF*

12 more minutes for ResilentBeast and How Ya Drouin to post in either this thread or the roster thread.

BigBenSF*

Since Trick has been skipped for two consecutive times, he has been fired. OP and draft list updated accordingly.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Looking at the positions that have been drafted so far, I feel like most everyone had the same plan to start off their team...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad