Big year for Bouwmeester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buumbaclat22

Jun 21, 2005
Is this gonna be his breakout season?
Or is he going to keep putting the same numbers as before.
I know his performance in last year's AHL plyaoffs werent good. Just wanted to know how u people felt about when he is finally going to fulfill his potential.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
You know, I think we may have just overrated his offensive potential a little bit. I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who's consistently among the defensive scoring leaders as we anticipated. I think we all saw a guy who was such a great skater and stickhandler and mistook that for offensive potential. His highest goal total in the WHL was only 14, and while he was piling up the assists, i think that was more to do with him using his superior skating ability to create plays. In the NHL, he's still a tremendous skater, but he isn't able to use this skill quite as well.

I think Bouwmeester is more likely a 35-40 point player at his best season. But that's not saying that Bouwmeester is not a solid player. Because he's already solid defensively and a top 4 defenseman. He should still be able to translate into a top pairing defenseman for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad