Pre-Game Talk: Big weekend ahead - Sat vs Buf Sun @ Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So big weekend coming with major playoff implications.

Home game on Saturday against Buffalo (2-7-1 in L10) who is struggling. Need to win this game obviously.

Then travel to Carolina on Sunday for a massive 4 point game.

Standings as of today, the Habs sit 2 points behind Carolina but they have a game in hand. One point up on Columbus, even games played.

Carolina does play Saturday as well vs the Wild, so two home games this weekend for them (no travel). And unfortunately the Wild play tonight in Washington, so back-to-back for them on the road.

Columbus doesn't play Saturday but they play Sunday in Vancouver. Canucks also play Saturday but it's at home, so same situation for them as Carolina (no travel).

Big question is goaltending...my expectation is Price in both games. Price is a horse, so I don't have a huge issue with it, but could Saturday be a chance to give him a rest? Give Lindgren a shot? Have zero confidence in Niemi.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm getting whiplash trying to follow this team. We're in the playoffs, we're out of the playoffs, wait - now we're back in again, four-goal games, can't score for ****. A good story always has the unexpected and the dramatic ending -- I have to give this team credit for telling a helluva story this year!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm getting whiplash trying to follow this team. We're in the playoffs, we're out of the playoffs, wait - now we're back in again, four-goal games, can't score for ****. A good story always has the unexpected and the dramatic ending -- I have to give this team credit for telling a helluva story this year!

Habs are resilient this year! The pride/rebound year continues

Reactions: Habby Gilmore

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Sabres always play us hard for some reason. Carolina is going to be a war on the road.

Both winnable games though, IMO. See which version of the team shows up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So big weekend coming with major playoff implications.

Home game on Saturday against Buffalo (2-7-1 in L10) who is struggling. Need to win this game obviously.

Then travel to Carolina on Sunday for a massive 4 point game.

Standings as of today, the Habs sit 2 points behind Carolina but they have a game in hand. One point up on Columbus, even games played.

Carolina does play Saturday as well vs the Wild, so two home games this weekend for them (no travel). And unfortunately the Wild play tonight in Washington, so back-to-back for them on the road.

Columbus doesn't play Saturday but they play Sunday in Vancouver. Canucks also play Saturday but it's at home, so same situation for them as Carolina (no travel).

Big question is goaltending...my expectation is Price in both games. Price is a horse, so I don't have a huge issue with it, but could Saturday be a chance to give him a rest? Give Lindgren a shot? Have zero confidence in Niemi.
I think Columbus will have their hands full against the Canucks.

I also think Price plays both games, Niemi is done and to be fair to Lindgren, playing him against Carolina is a major set up for failure.
Ride the thoroughbred

Reactions: Tuggy

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Thanks to the Oilers(beating Columbus 4-1), Zach Kassian & Connor McDavid still fighting for a playoff spot as are our Habs. Hope springs eternal that the Vancouver Canucks hand Columbus their 3rd straight loss.
Then our Habs keep on the winning streak through the weekend. Giving them a 5point lead on Columbus going into Florida on Tuesday.(Florida plays back to back games Monday & Tuesday.)

Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:
:devdance::devdance::devdance::wave:

Reactions: teamfirst

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Thanks to the Oilers(beating Columbus 4-1), Zach Kassian & Connor McDavid still fighting for a playoff spot as are our Habs. Hope springs eternal that the Vancouver Canucks hand Columbus their 3rd straight loss.
Then our Habs keep on the winning streak through the weekend. Giving them a 5point lead on Columbus going into Florida on Tuesday.(Florida plays back to back games Monday & Tuesday.)

Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:
:devdance::devdance::devdance::wave:
Zack Kassian crashing his car on cote-st-luc road in 2016 i think. LOL

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, they get major props for last night's effort. Looked like the unholy hand of the refs was pressing down on them, but they refused to let up. Fun game to watch!

Its as if the refs never pay a price for bad games. Could cost a team millions in lost revenue if a bad call goes either way and a PP goal or missed call means 2 critical points being lost.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What the hell is going on with Montreal media?

Last night on AC, Guillaume Latendresse said that Drouin had the hands of a fairy. Not a magician, a fairy. :tinker:

And now, I read Danny Dubé and he says this about Pricer: Carey Price, c'est une ballerine de 230 lb.

TRANSLATION: Carey Price is a 230 pound ballerina. :laugh:

Carey Price: «une ballerine de 230 lb» - TVA Sports

What other feminine attributes lurk within this team and do they really need to be underscored? :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm getting whiplash trying to follow this team. ...

They'd better not lose this weekend or else ...

giphy.gif

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I was thinking, good thing that Shaw looks healty and naughty, he has 2 cups, he been there, important part of this team moving forward...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not an expert on Carey Price's health and conditioning. He has had knee problems and therapy days.

Not sure if his knees are stiff the next day.

If there is any concern about him playing back to back and so many games in a row down the stretch, I have no problem starting Lindgren against Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad