Proposal: big Trade between MTL-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Montreal can draft a better player than Horvat with 3rd pick, have you thought about that?

Reactions: Gains

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I don't see Vancouver trading Bo, Montreal could use the 3 OV to draft someone as good/better and not create a massive hole on D by trading Petry in the process.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The more i think about it, the only way i see the 3OA pick being trade and getting full value is by trading down 3-4 spots for additionnal pieces and draft a player that fills a need (Hughes or Kotkaniemi).

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Unless Brisebois has some top pairing potential none of us knows about this is a crazy overpayment for a 2C.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'd do it just strictly value wise but Horvat isn't going anywhere for a very long time. Plus, yeah, probably will be our next captain. Neither team does it.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That's too much to give up for Habs. I get the desperation to fill the 1C spot and Horvat is an excellent player but giving up Petry (and 3 OA) just creates another hole - defensemen who can actually skate and play well - for the Habs.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Neither team does this- MTL would want the higher upside player in Zadina. And for the Canucks, moving Bo puts us into Montreal's territory in looking for a top line C.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Would Vancouver's fans entertain a trade involvinng picks and top prospects?

3OA + Juulsen

for

7OA + Gaudette

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Gaudette seems to have great potential as a future top 6 center. I think he would be interesting for us to get.

I would like Gaudette on our team too, for sure, but if the expectations are that he's gonna be a legit top 6 centre, the chances are we will be disappointed. Like I said, I'm not sure if I'd give up Juulsen for him, it sounds like a decent base both value and need wise but I wouldn't add anything substantial. Juulsen will be a great player too, I could see his upside being what Adam Larsson is now.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would like Gaudette on our team too, for sure, but if the expectations are that he's gonna be a legit top 6 centre, the chances are we will be disappointed. Like I said, I'm not sure if I'd give up Juulsen for him, it sounds like a decent base both value and need wise but I wouldn't add anything substantial. Juulsen will be a great player too, I could see his upside being what Adam Larsson is now.

I agree Juulsen seems like a sure fire as a defensive D.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Pass from the Canucks.

Third overall, and let's be real, it will be Zadina most likely, is likely going to be a great player, but Horvat is too important to the Canucks future to surrender. He's a center, which we are a little short on, he plays a physical game, which we are also short on, and he has already proven himself in the league, which...we are also short on.

Brisebois for Lehkonen is a wash to me, but I'd rather keep D over the more valuable forward.

Petry, I view, as little more then a cap dump. He has value, but we have middle pairing D already.

Say what you will from Montreal's side, and trading a 3rd overall pick isn't a fun idea, but this doesn't fit anything Vancouver would be hunting for.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
lol the easiest no in my life. All that for Horvat?? for real? lmao. Insanely lopsided. We're keeping that 3rd OA ffs. That pick might very well turn out as the face of our franchise sooner than later.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I brought up the idea of 3ov ~for~ 7ov, 37ov, Del Zotto. I'd do that if I was sure Kotkaniemi would still be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad