Pre-Game Talk: Big Thank You!!

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Okay, I don't normally do this... but in this case, I need to thank IceCapp. I read this post to find out that Pittsburgh is playing Toronto tomorrow... all while I'm a 4 hr drive away from Toronto (I live in the Yukon). And it's pure BS luck that I'll be in Ottawa for the weekend.

Needless to say minutes after reading this post, and confirming that the Pens are indeed in Toronto, I acquired a pair of tickets (nose bleeds - still cost $370) for my sister and I to go to the game. This will be my first Pens game!! I'm so pumped! And all because of this post! So again, thanks IcedCapp!

team will be here Saturday. I'll shove Kule in the bus after the game.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Hope that you and your sister have a great time! Bring home a winner!

And IcedCapp, we'll expect to see Kulemin in black and gold against the Isles Sunday ;)

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Okay, I don't normally do this... but in this case, I need to thank IceCapp. I read this post to find out that Pittsburgh is playing Toronto tomorrow... all while I'm a 4 hr drive away from Toronto (I live in the Yukon). And it's pure BS luck that I'll be in Ottawa for the weekend.

Needless to say minutes after reading this post, and confirming that the Pens are indeed in Toronto, I acquired a pair of tickets (nose bleeds - still cost $370) for my sister and I to go to the game. This will be my first Pens game!! I'm so pumped! And all because of this post! So again, thanks IcedCapp!
Excellent. Hope it makes up for the frustration caused by the lockout. Definitely post your impressions in the post-game thread when you get back from the game.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
At first I thought you meant you were driving from the Yukon to Toronto and thought it was going to be 4 hours :laugh:. Ottawa's about five, perhaps less as there shouldn't be much traffic coming from there. I've seen one Pens' game at the ACC, it'll be fun and there'll certainly be other Pens' fans, although perhaps less so now that the Leafs are doing well. Either way be loud and proud! ACC is not hostile.

Tons of places to go before and after too if you're interested. Have fun! I might be at Real Sports (just outside ACC) representing Pens' Nation in enemy territory. Love Leaf / Pens game, especially when Toronto is doing well... makes it all the sweeter.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Forgive my ignorance, but bad tix still cost $180 in Toronto? That's...incredible. I lived in Raleigh for a long time, and man, I recall paying only 25 or 30 to see the Canes on a few occasions.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Enjoy Riptide...
I wonder if Frattin is healthy enough to play; I think he's been cleared for practice for at least a couple days.
If so we let him get a hatty to free up Kulemin? ;)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Forgive my ignorance, but bad tix still cost $180 in Toronto? That's...incredible. I lived in Raleigh for a long time, and man, I recall paying only 25 or 30 to see the Canes on a few occasions.

Oh yeah. Ticket prices are crazy anywhere in Canada.

On another note, anyone think we ought to go nuclear and call up Big Mac against the Leafs? They've been pushing teams around a little lately, and MacIntyre would settle things down right quick.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

I used StubHub (great service.... had a fraud ticket, and received a full refund very promptly). I could have had a similar ticket for $120, but it was a single. In a seasons ticket package, the ticket is $75. Yes it's expensive, but living on the other side of the country, it's well worth it. I still want to do a home & home with Philly some day... but this will have to tide me over until then.

Done several games in the ACC (and the leafs are my 2nd favorite team), so am not worried. I'm not the ******* fan well not normally lol)... but I'll definitely be very loud and proud!

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Enjoy and have a good game, I hope for you it's as good as the one I got here last weekend:yo:

Hopefully! That was a great game. Was late for the LA/Vancouver game I had a ticket for waiting for that one to end! And I got to talk smack to all my friends who are Hab fans.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
For that kind of money I hope the Pens do you a solid and eviscerate the Leaves. Have fun!

Toronto is freaking crazy, I went in 2002 I believe and we paid back then 110$ a ticket and was sitting 2nd last row at the ACC. Montreal back then looking at some of my tickets, was paying 70$ for reds which is lower section. Been once and happy but I wouldn't go back o expensive. My next road trip is definitely Pittsburgh, hoping next year or the following one:crossfing

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Nothing says thank you like stopping by and buying me a beer...

err, i mean :D Enjoy the game, Rip!

And IcedCapp, we'll expect to see Kulemin in black and gold against the Isles Sunday ;)

I already have an armored truck and ski mask ready. Nothing can go wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad