Big name heading to Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

Actually he wears number 9 in this league :D

Something tells me I'm going to be processing a lot of trades tonight. You guys know the trade deadline is a ways away yet don't you? ;)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So my hint wasn't too cryptic? :)

The west is a very good conference. Gotta get a jump on you guys. And I am not done improving the team. :)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The deal is done. Minnesota has acquired All-Star center Mats Sundin from Florida. The price: Mike Ribiero, minor leaguer Matt Foy and a 2006 3rd round pick. The Wild also pickup half a million cash in the deal.

"Wow," said Martin St. Louis. "I'm a happy guy. Adding the talent of Mats is just fantastic. Coach advised I would be on his wing, and this is really an exciting time for this team."

"We know Mats is a UFA after this year," said GM Greg Dockus. "We feel that we gave up some quality assets, but when you have a chance to go deep into the playoffs, and a chance to improve the team comes your way, you have to go for it. We have built a nice system for reason just like this. We will do all we can to sign Mats in the next few months, but in case we can't, we have the depth in our system in Matt Lombardi who can step in and play right away and be close to the level of Ribiero."

"I'm excited for sure," said Sundin. "To play with quality forwards like St Louis, Nagy and Sturm will be fun. Plus, I like what I see from that kid Bergeron and the other rookie, Toskala, in net has been great. It should be a great last 50 games."

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Obviously, Ribeiro was the key to the Wild, because now with Sundin, the Wild can't beat Colorado and have lost 3 in a row.

Oh yea, the Wild are now starting 7 games in 7 nights. Love that sim.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Wild GM said:
Obviously, Ribeiro was the key to the Wild, because now with Sundin, the Wild can't beat Colorado and have lost 3 in a row.

Oh yea, the Wild are now starting 7 games in 7 nights. Love that sim.

What's this? "can't beat Colorado"? Is my team suddenly a measure of how bad a team is? :sarcasm:

Damn you all, one day in the near future, I will rise from this grave and show you that my rebuild tactics and patience will pay off.. :teach:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ville Isopää said:
What's this? "can't beat Colorado"? Is my team suddenly a measure of how bad a team is?

As a GM who was in that position for several years, may I respectfully say.......pretty much, yea.

:)

I am sure things will turn around for the Avs, but it is not good for us to lose to them now.

HFNHL Red Wings

Ville Isopää said:
What's this? "can't beat Colorado"? Is my team suddenly a measure of how bad a team is? :sarcasm:

The answer to your question is yes. Any team losing to Colorado should hang their head in shame ;)

Ville Isopää said:
Damn you all, one day in the near future, I will rise from this grave and show you that my rebuild tactics and patience will pay off.. :teach:

Dion's been saying that for 4 years now ... we're still waiting :D

P.S. Don't take me too seriously, it's only playful ribbing

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Wild GM said:
As a GM who was in that position for several years, may I respectfully say.......pretty much, yea.

:)

I am sure things will turn around for the Avs, but it is not good for us to lose to them now.

They got me the other night! Damn those Avs. lol

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
HFNHL Red Wings said:
The answer to your question is yes. Any team losing to Colorado should hang their head in shame ;)

Dion's been saying that for 4 years now ... we're still waiting :D

P.S. Don't take me too seriously, it's only playful ribbing

Wow has it been that long, Mr. H. :eek: There is nothing wrong with losing. But you just don't want it to happen too often. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad