Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

12011158234.gif

Colbert-kill-me.gif

Last edited:

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
drunk driver destroyed my most prize posession (sports car) while i was sleeping.. time to do some shopping. leaning towards a 2010 audi a4.. or potentially a budget busting audi s4, lol. decisions, decisions..

any opinions on something sporty / luxury with a good interior? looking for a 2010 - 2012..

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
drunk driver destroyed my most prize posession (sports car) while i was sleeping.. time to do some shopping. leaning towards a 2010 audi a4.. or potentially a budget busting audi s4, lol. decisions, decisions..

any opinions on something sporty / luxury with a good interior? looking for a 2010 - 2012..

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
For some reason ever since I was a kid I've wanted a Mazda MX-5.

Saw a Peugeot RCZ today. Looked amazing.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I want to get some opinions out here on a situation that just happened to me. Just curious what you would all do. So I drove home from work today and was listening to music and it was relatively warm out so I had the windows down. I pulled into the driveway and reclined my seat back because i just wanted to sit there for a few minutes.

All of a sudden this dude walks up to my car and tries to break in (he didn't seem me because I was reclined back pretty far). He quickly say me said "oh ****" and ran away yelling something. I said "what the hell are you doing" (first reaction). Then I yelled something else that I can't remember. Five to 8 seconds or so later I realized what really just happened and got pissed. I chased after him (he was pretty far away in those first few seconds). I chased him a few blocks from behind just to see where he was going (he didn't see me).

Then my rational side came in and I thought, "why am I chasing a guy that tried to rob me, he could have a weapon this isn't smart" so I proceeded to go home and filed a police report. Of course the police didn't do much since there wasn't more to do.

When I was chasing him it was out of anger. I wanted to beat this dude's ass. I'm just trying to figure out if turning around and coming home was the right thing to do (I know it was, but part of me is thinking I should have beat this dude down although I'm not really a fighter haha).

For reference sake I live in the city of Cleveland in a historic neighborhood that has been revitalized over the last 15 years.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Wow. That's a pretty crazy story. I'm glad you're ok. First thing I would do if you don't already have one is get an alarm system for your home. Who knows what this guys motivation was. If people are incredibly desperate for money, they do desperate things. If you saw his face, you'll probably never see him again but I'd be careful locking up next time you have to leave the house.

My parents house was broken into last Christmas seasonable it was pretty disturbing. I have good security system now although my German shepherd barks at anything that moves outside. I do keep something for home protection locked up in case a situation arose where I needed it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks for the response. We got a security system for our home about a year ago (a few months after we moved in). The bigger "issue" is that we live on a corner so our back yard and driveway are open to the side street. We have a small fence but it's short so anyone walking down the sidewalk can see our deck, into the back door, and easy access to our driveway which is pretty short (only fits 1 car inside the fence although we have a garage).

Our main plan is to build a taller fence along the sidewalk so our backyard isn't so open to anyone walking down the street and then close the gate to keep our cars in. That will definitely solve the problem. Just a weird experience haha

member 51464

Damn, Shady. I am glad you are okay. That would be very surreal. Just for curiosity's sake, what do you drive?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Damn, Shady. I am glad you are okay. That would be very surreal. Just for curiosity's sake, what do you drive?

A 2010 Nissan Cube. It looks like a washing machine, refrigerator, pick your favorite modern rectangular household appliance and that gives you an idea :laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
obvious follow up. Why?

Because I'm strange I suppose :laugh:

It's a love it or hate it car. My description of it was based on what people told me it looked like. It's actually a pretty sensible car for the price. Pretty small car, but great interior space. 5 adults fit pretty comfortably and I can fit 4 dining room chairs sitting up in it (example of vertical height space). Gets solid city mileage (which is mostly where I drive). The only downside, outside of being ugly in most people's opinion, is that it's not aerodynamic so the highway mileage is pretty poor for a small car.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Because I'm strange I suppose :laugh:

It's a love it or hate it car. My description of it was based on what people told me it looked like. It's actually a pretty sensible car for the price. Pretty small car, but great interior space. 5 adults fit pretty comfortably and I can fit 4 dining room chairs sitting up in it (example of vertical height space). Gets solid city mileage (which is mostly where I drive). The only downside, outside of being ugly in most people's opinion, is that it's not aerodynamic so the highway mileage is pretty poor for a small car.

have you actually put 4 dining room chairs in it sitting upright?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes I was moving apartments. That wasn't a talking point, I made it up through experience :laugh:

when I move chairs, I need to lay them sideways. Its the worst :cry:

really though, one of my friends has a thanksgiving dinner party but he only owns 3 chairs for the dining room. Its BYOC, and its a pain taking chairs in a Honda Accord.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Damn, I forgot the MLS season starts today...and I have tickets for the Galaxy-Real Salt Lake game.

I almost dread going only because the StubHub Center has the worst parking situation I've ever seen. A 27,000 seat stadium located in the middle of a tiny college campus (apparently there's a Cal State Dominguez Hills...who knew?) with $15-20 parking that takes an hour to get out of because there's only one way out of each lot. Parking is half the cost and a million times easier even at Dodger Stadium...

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
I spent the better part of Sunday watching Carl Sagan's original Cosmos marathon then opted out of Neil Degrasse Tyson's Cosmos so I could watch Walking Dead. I did DVR it though.

What a great series. I'm a huge Sagan fan although I don't agree with everything he believed since he was an atheist. One of my favorite all- time books is Pale Blue Dot. A great read if you're interested in astronomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad