Big Joe, our beloved Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
A buddy sent this to me earlier and I could not stop laughing at my desk. Love the attention Hertl is getting and I love that his line mates and Captain have his back.

Jimmy the Fish

Aug 17, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
Good for Joe to say what he did, even if it was supposed to be off the record.

God forbid pro athletes say something entertaining instead of trotting out the same old tired cliches about "taking it one game at a time" or "I just want to win".

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Jumbo is my homey forever.

Edit: While we all love Jumbo, we cannot post links to NSFW language/content. Links have the same rule our site does. Anything that isn't fully censored will not be allowed on HF, nor the link to be posted.

This has been made clear by an admin on the main board thread.

Last edited:

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
Jumbo is my homey forever.

Edit: While we all love Jumbo, we cannot post links to NSFW language/content. Links have the same rule our site does. Anything that isn't fully censored will not be allowed on HF, nor the link to be posted.

This has been made clear by an admin on the main board thread.

Where is the line drawn on this? Pretty much every sports article with a comments section has NSFW language.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He HAS to have a celebration ready for the off chance ... he can maybe ride his stick, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
If I'm the other team and Joe has already passed 3 goals into the net, I'm letting that 4th one in on purpose!

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
For the rest of Joe's career, someone must bring a stuffed rooster to every game to throw on the ice just in case he scores 4.

Please let this become a thing.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
Apparently Burns said this when Joe was asked about Hertl's celebration yesterday:

A similar incident occurred 24 hours earlier in San Jose when Thornton was the one being asked about criticism of Hertl's goal and linemate Brent Burns jumped in.

"Four goals! He's a 19-year-old kid," Burns said, adding a cheerful expletive or two. "I'd be naked."

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_24283585/san-jose-sharks-captain-joe-thornton-causes-online

How great would it be if the Sharks' players just kept one-upping each other. Every time someone asks a player about Hertl's celebration, another player jumps in with increasingly vulgar and graphic quips about what they would do if they scored 4 goals.

[Mod]

Edit: sorry, I thought blanking words out and leaving things to the imagination would be sufficient. I didn't mean to try to bend the rules.

Last edited:

MetalMind

May 3, 2010
Berkeley
Apparently Burns said this when Joe was asked about Hertl's celebration yesterday:

How great would it be if the Sharks' players just kept one-upping each other. Every time someone asks a player about Hertl's celebration, another player jumps in with increasingly vulgar and graphic quips about what they would do if they scored 4 goals.

[Mod]

This needs to happen. 4 goals is now an Aristocrats Trick.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
JJ after 4 goals

Attachments

• JJ.png
    JJ.png
    886.5 KB · Views: 14

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Seems like the general consensus is that it was a joke and shouldn't have been reported. TSN has a video on their site of the panel talking with Botchford and no one seemed to agree with him. Mike Johnson especially looked unhappy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad