GDT: Big Bloody Battle at Ball Arena, CGY(11-13-3) @ COL(16-9-2) 730PM SN1

Who is the Flames best defenseman dressed in this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
0404722d-4509-4bf1-96d9-f591e1a2beba_text.gif

Sure is a freeing feeling. Happy with a win, not feeling too bad with a loss.
Looking forward to the selling.

I don't know if I look forward to our selling. Feels like we've been doing it wrong for awhile. Ugh.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Think I am going to skip watching a few games going forward. We are just not good enough and I am developing some latent insomnia.. Will watch the highlights instead.

• Wow
Reactions: Tofveve

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Betting for me can be entertainment, but has also acted as a supplementary income for 20+ yrs. I don't bet unless I think it's +EV. I bet small and have never gone down the rabbit hole of betting more than I can afford. I don't think I'm wired that way.

I have a mathematical brain so if I see a bad number and I have a fairly large edge regarding implied probability I'll take it.

Tons of people can't control themselves and if my chatter about the plays I've made triggers you or anyone else I'm happy to shut up about it.

Cheers all.
Nah not at all lol. You're all good, just my personal opinion that it is generally best to avoid. If it works for you it works for you.

Reactions: flames23

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Think I am going to skip watching a few games going forward. We are just not good enough and I am developing some latent insomnia.. Will watch the highlights instead.
Don't blame you in the slightest. Takes a ton of commitment to watch this team from across the ocean when they are bad and lack the young talent to give the fans patience.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Hope to see wolf tomorrow, the more games that go on the more clear it seems he is the right choice going forward. Nice to get a direct comparison
Yep. Keep alternating right until Markstrom is back. Let it be evidently so boldly and brightly. I really hope they make the right decision.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Hope to see wolf tomorrow, the more games that go on the more clear it seems he is the right choice going forward. Nice to get a direct comparison
Meh. Team imploded in the third. In saying that, Vladar went from gamechanger to couldn't make a save if his life depended on it. At the end of the day the team just isn't good enough in all aspects from the net out to defence to fwds to special teams. Vladar is what he is, and if any team sees value in him at this point I would hope the Flames pounce on that. But goaltending isn't sinking the team this season either.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gambling and boozing are awesome, not sure what you guys are talking about.

I dozed off for a bit and missed most of the 3rd. But I’m just gonna assume most of what I missed was yet another case of the other team having gamebreakers and the Flames not having any
mmmyyup basically

Liked the team effort in this one but MAN. Blowing a 2G lead in the 3rd to lose in regulation, don't care that it's against the Avs that's ugly. Very hectic panicky game from both teams honestly.

Good : Liked quite a few players in this game.
Kadri was excellent, not only a nice goal but also a nice pass for an assist. When he's not playing as an individual he's a very solid top 6 player.
Coleman also very good, well worth the money we are paying him. Zary gives me some hope for the future.
Liked Rasmus for the most part, one of our few dmen that didn't look like they were in a total panic with Tanev.
Much better games from Lindholm and Mangiapane, that's the main encouraging thing to take away from this one.
Gilbert, little sandpaper never hurts. Played with some confidence.

pretty good :
Solovyov panicky but I liked the way he dug in, that penalty was weaksauce.
Pospisil looked good to me, drove the net a couple times, fell on his face a couple times. Sharangovich is actually a lot of fun, wish he would engage physically more often.

Not bad : Vladar is a backup. That is what mostly was a fine backup game. And he allowed 6G, which should tell you what kind of defensive coverage the Flames had tonight. Greer some good moments, kind of wish he took Colton to task. Dube was better, but also not good. Hanifin great pass, shit show without Tanev but played alright.

Bad : Weegar inexplicably taking his man into the boards instead of covering the more dangerous player with speed MacKinnon when he saw his partner was pinching was really the turning point of the game. Also had numerous terrible clears. Ruz was simply lost most of the game, total space cadet. Powerplay score a f***ing goal you braindead morons. Huberdeau yuck. YUCK!!!

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's a good show. One of the very few shows my gf and I can watch together.
Suzie is a favorite character of mine, makes me laugh once a episode.
I really loved the show, I agree on Suzie too. I find it funny that despite her prickly demeanor, she's probably the only regular character that isn't a self absorbed asshat. Although Joel improves throughout.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Team is competitive but not a contender. Once again in that 16-22 grouping which means a Sasha Boisvert or Zeev Buuim instead of a Macklin Celebrini or Artyom Levshunov at the upcoming draft.

Reactions: flames23

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Team is competitive but not a contender. Once again in that 16-22 grouping which means a Sasha Boisvert or Zeev Buuim instead of a Macklin Celebrini or Artyom Levshunov at the upcoming draft.
they are not in that 16-22 grouping now and will not creep into that grouping by the end of the season because they are just not good enough to go on a heater to do it but also not bad enough to bottom out and not lucky enough to win the lottery.
They will end up in that 8-15 area of the draft even if they sell the UFA's off.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
they are not in that 16-22 grouping now and will not creep into that grouping by the end of the season because they are just not good enough to go on a heater to do it but also not bad enough to bottom out and not lucky enough to win the lottery.
They will end up in that 8-15 area of the draft even if they sell the UFA's off.
I meant 22nd overall in league standings so that means drafting 11-16 so yes agree

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
This draft is Celebrini and a bunch of good prospects until 15. Demidov and Eiserman are nice too. Nothing elite at this point other than him imo. Zeev Buuim for example is putting up historic numbers for a draft eligible D. Don’t know why he wouldn’t be a good pick. Lots of RD with size and skill or high potential offensive players.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
We are not a 16-22 team. We are barely in that range and that is before we have traded Lindholm and Hanifin and potentially Tanev. This team is going to be bottom 5 very very soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad