NFL: Big Ben retires

Sep 19, 2008
He should have retired 5 years ago his play significantly regressed in his later years. Enjoy your motorcycle rides now brother but don't forget to wear a helmet.

Reactions: NyQuil

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
In reality he really retired a few years ago, it will be nice not having to watch a corpse out there now.
The writing has been on the wall for so long, and the Steelers still don't have a legitimate option at QB now that he's gone.

Rudolph is a bum, Haskins has the talent but doesn't seem to have the mentality to be a real starting QB in this league.

They need to acquire a QB with at least a few years of experience. I know the flashy options are Rodgers, Wilson, Watson, etc. but I think they should make a strong push for Jimmy Garoppolo if the 49ers are willing to work with them.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
The writing has been on the wall for so long, and the Steelers still don't have a legitimate option at QB now that he's gone.

Rudolph is a bum, Haskins has the talent but doesn't seem to have the mentality to be a real starting QB in this league.

They need to acquire a QB with at least a few years of experience. I know the flashy options are Rodgers, Wilson, Watson, etc. but I think they should make a strong push for Jimmy Garoppolo if the 49ers are willing to work with them.

Jimmy G would be a great option. They work on fixing the o-Line and build their offense around Harris and Johnson.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco
Sep 19, 2008
Roethlisburger by lingering around the last 4 years legitimately kept the Steelers from drafting a successor who would do a good job. Rudolph is mediocre and Haskins is unproven.

He should have retired 4 years ago, Steelers should have gone 3-13 or 4-12 and drafted a new QB.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has a Kirk Cousins for sale. :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think he has another year left but Minshew would definitely be an upgrade to this version of Ben.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
ya'll a bunch of haters in here lol

regardless of off field stuff, the retired 4 years ago thing is BS, he was still killing it through the first season when AB left, i dont even know how long it was at this point, but not 4 seasons ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad