News Article: Big, bad, very very bad Leafs or Just what did we ever do to the NHL?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
As a Toronto fan, I have no problem at all with the Leafs being universally despised - - especially by the feeble gimp George Parros.

It’s like the Miami Hurricanes of the late 80’s and early 90’s.

Parros is obviously still humiliated and bitter about being KTFO’d so badly by Colton Orr and then having Leaf fans mock him so mercilessly on social media. That was an all-time classic moment in trash talk.

It’s hilarious to be in someone’s head as badly as the Leafs and their fans are in Parros’ head.

IMG_0704.jpeg
IMG_0702.jpeg

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I soften at the thought of their hatred and resentment towards us by reminding myself that either way, their money is being funneled into Rogers's coffers. Leaf fans, Oilers fans, Sens Fan, pay piggies all the same.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021

Lots of head scratching to be sure
He spends time being manipulated by Bettman, who hates all Canadian teams and all Canadian fans. He even hates the HoF being in Canada. 30 yrs and counting since a Canadian team has won.
Parros is the equivalent of Monica. He has no other redeeming qualities to have this position.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
He spends time being manipulated by Bettman, who hates all Canadian teams and all Canadian fans. He even hates the HoF being in Canada. 30 yrs and counting since a Canadian team has won.
Parros is the equivalent of Monica. He has no other redeeming qualities to have this position.
Monica?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The simplest explanation here is that the media/public attention that anything related to the Leafs brings may play a rolen in influencing the decisions made.

More eyes = there's pressure to hand out larger punishments than may have otherwise been given.

Which is unfortunate to say the least for Leafs fans and the team

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Who’s Monica??? From friends??? :laugh::laugh::huh:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
There is no mystery. The Leafs refuse to look into rigged officiating which is flagrant. They will lose games in the playoffs as a result. Ownership seems to not care. It's a joke.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There is no mystery. The Leafs refuse to look into rigged officiating which is flagrant. They will lose games in the playoffs as a result. Ownership seems to not care. It's a joke.
Why do you think they don't care?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The simplest explanation here is that the media/public attention that anything related to the Leafs brings may play a rolen in influencing the decisions made.

More eyes = there's pressure to hand out larger punishments than may have otherwise been given.

Cry me a river, man. Riley deserved the 5 games. People just love being the victims. Sick of it. It’s always someone else’s fault Leafs don’t win or they receive harsh punishments or whatever.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not having any actual path to improve things is not the equivalent of not caring.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The two most recent comparable incidents received (if memory serves) either 5 or 6 games, and 4 games (3 in the playoffs).

Rielly's suspension wasn't particularly out of line.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The two most recent comparable incidents received (if memory serves) either 5 or 6 games, and 4 games (3 in the playoffs).

Rielly's suspension wasn't particularly out of line.
I still can’t get over that cross check which really wasn’t that severe, cost him close to half a million bucks. These guys really do live in a different world

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Cry me a river, man. Riley deserved the 5 games. People just love being the victims. Sick of it. It’s always someone else’s fault Leafs don’t win or they receive harsh punishments or whatever.

I don't see anyone crying here nor have I seen anyone say Reilly didn't deserve punishment (headshots shouldn't be welcome in the league).

But going beyond Rielly, there's a fairly consistent trend over several years of Leafs players receiving harsher suspension penalties than comparable plays (particularly when first time offenders are involved)

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that the current dpos approach is transparent and easily understood at the very least. It's hardly only Leafs fans who have expressed surprise at some of the penalties given out

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I still can’t get over that cross check which really wasn’t that severe, cost him close to half a million bucks. These guys really do live in a different world
Where did you come up with that number?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

And the outcry factor. As large as our fanbase is, there's more people who dislike the Leafs than like them.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I think Leaguewide is not saying not suspend Reilly but rather, what is the standard?
And this Toronto thing is an another dumb explanation to justify the inconsistency of the League.

Reactions: GoonieFace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad