Big 3 Way Deal Coming ????

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
It's coming from Frank Isola so take it for what it's worth.

from nydailynews.com:

Carmelo Anthony remains committed to the Knicks for now, even if it means passing on the opportunity to join his long-time friend LeBron James in Cleveland.

The Daily News has learned that the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed a blockbuster trade centered around Kevin Love. There were very preliminary discussions with the Knicks about expanding the deal to include Anthony, who would have to waive his no trade clause in order to facilitate a deal to the Cavs.

The Knicks would receive draft picks and players in return. One of those players is believed to be Timofey Mozgov, who five years ago was traded by the Knicks to Denver in the Anthony deal.

Those talks have not progressed. Plus Anthony reiterated on Friday that he has no plans to seek a trade. However, when asked if he’s thought about his future with a losing organization, Anthony gave a cryptic answer.

“Not yet. I’m pretty sure I’ll have that conversation with myself and my family and my team,†he said. “But it’s not a conversation for right now.â€

Full story here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2530306

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I won't believe it unless it has a Woj Bomb attached to it.

Doesn't make much sense for the Cavs and I doubt Melo would agree to go there anyways. Him and his wife might consider the Clippers, as Isola suggested.

Dammit we don't need Kevin Love.

He'd be such a great add for the Celtics. He's not a superstar like his numbers with the Wolves suggested but he's also much better than what he has shown with the Cavs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Me too.

I'd take Horford over Love/Howard any day. The only negative about Horford is that he's a pending free agent.

For sure. I think Horford is easily the best out of the three but Love is the only one signed past this year. That could make him a more attractive trade target.

I'd still be very surprised if Love gets traded now. Maybe in the offseason if they don't win it all and he still looks out of place.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Seems stupid for the Cavs. Melo doesn't like sharing the rock. It's not like Wade and Bosh.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The original big 3 was supposed to be Melo not Bosh. But he had so much money on the table the year before that he had to resign with Denver.

I'm convinced his head is in the wrong place. You won't win in NY. Its all about the money. He should atleast make up his mind and stop this its about winning in NY because they aren't gunna do anything in his prime and only he doesn't know that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Melo's wife doesnt want to relocate. Hence why he was traded to NY in the first place, and why he stayed there when he full well knew they were going to be crap.

I don't believe any of it till Woj/Stein reports something.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Talk now about the 3-way deal still being discussed but now including New Orleans instead of the NY Knicks.

from cbssports.com:

The Cleveland Cavaliers were discussing a deal with the New Orleans Pelicans for Ryan Anderson, and now CSN New England reports those talks have evolved into a three-team deal that could involve Kevin Love going to the Boston Celtics.

The Cavaliers have been in a nebulous place when it comes to Love over the past week, with a mix of "he's absolutely not on the table" and "well, for the right price they'll listen" being mixed into a lot of noise. Reports earlier had suggested that the Cavs were unwilling to part with the former All-Star for anything less than a star in return, and that Boston's cadre of valuable super-role-players would not be enough. If they see Anderson as something more than that (which seems unlikely), perhaps that will be enough to get them into engaging serious talks.

However, with multiple outlets reporting interest in a potential deal, it does appear that Cleveland is at least keeping its options when it comes to Love.

A potential deal involving Jae Crowder and Anderson gives the Cavaliers a versatile wing defender who can knock down shots and make plays, while giving them the kind of stretch four shooter in Anderson that James prefers to play with at the four spot. The Celtics have other assets to send the Pelicans who are looking to reconfigure the roster after this year's disaster. And Boston finally gets the star they've been after for years.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Oh my god no. Do not get rid of Crowder for Love. God dammit.

I agree but like I said over in the Boston section I get a feeling that Trader Danny is going to do something crazy on Thursday because he's desperate to add a " big name " right now to the Celtics roster.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I feel like the Cavs trading Love in the middle of the season is a tough sell unless there's real name value coming back the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad