Bieksa - he brought Sbisa back

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You're going to make the mods close this for lopsided results, you know. :laugh:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Why is he even playing defense? When hes on the ice, he is leading the rush 90% of the time.. We should have just kept Wiz..

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I'd prefer Beauch because I have a normal human brain. To be fair to KB, he's playing a stupid number of minutes this season, so as much as we rail him for his play we should throw equal heat at the coach for insisting on playing him this much. Whether Bruce is blind or doing it to make a point to Murray, the ice time he's throwing KB's way is asinine.

And in the grander scheme of things, I don't think either of Beauch or Bieksa were the right choice for a top four spot this season, Murray needed to look elsewhere for a legit upgrade (easier said than done), or upgrade Stoner on the 3rd pair LD and commit to Vats and Despres in the top four with Manson in the mix.

That contract though, good Lord, any average fan could see that was bad before it started.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I'd prefer Beauch because I have a normal human brain. To be fair to KB, he's playing a stupid number of minutes this season, so as much as we rail him for his play we should throw equal heat at the coach for insisting on playing him this much. Whether Bruce is blind or doing it to make a point to Murray, the ice time he's throwing KB's way is asinine.

And in the grander scheme of things, I don't think either of Beauch or Bieksa were the right choice for a top four spot this season, Murray needed to look elsewhere for a legit upgrade (easier said than done), or upgrade Stoner on the 3rd pair LD and commit to Vats and Despres in the top four with Manson in the mix.

That contract though, good Lord, any average fan could see that was bad before it started.

Couldn't have said it any better. If I had to pick the here, now and today, It'd be Beauch.. but If we could move KB into a 3/4 pairing and cut his minutes, that might be a more fair comparison.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There should be a keep Wiz option. I know he got injured but at least his contract was over at seasons end...

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
There should be a keep Wiz option. I know he got injured but at least his contract was over at seasons end...

I mentioned that in my post as well. I gotta believe Kesler had something to do with Bieksa coming here. Murrays hands are tied. He needs to be professional about it and Trade bieksa before the NMC kicks in.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
seconded.

as much as I would have wanted to see Beauchemin retire in a Ducks jersey, he did have his share of mistakes that dont justify him being a top-4 D-man.

They should have just kept wiz.. Simple as that.. WTF MURRAY!!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'd prefer neither of them at their current deals, where's that option?

EDIT: John already beat me to it :laugh:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
seconded.

as much as I would have wanted to see Beauchemin retire in a Ducks jersey, he did have his share of mistakes that dont justify him being a top-4 D-man.
I'm sorry but what? Beauchemin had his share of mistakes that don't justify him being a top-4 D-man? Top 4?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Beauchemin is leading Colorado in TOI at 23:35 - over a minute more per game than Bieksa.

There's literally no conceivable way that BM didn't once again make the wrong choice on Beauchemin. He'd be just fine as a 3-4 then a 5-6 here.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I'm sorry but what? Beauchemin had his share of mistakes that don't justify him being a top-4 D-man? Top 4?

I meant playing the amount of minutes expected of a top-4 D-man.

getting Bieksa to replace Beauch was, at best, a lateral move. what the team needed was a legit, hard-to-find D-man that would have cost a king's ransom. bargain bob instead went dumpster diving.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I meant playing the amount of minutes expected of a top-4 D-man.

getting Bieksa to replace Beauch was, at best, a lateral move. what the team needed was a legit, hard-to-find D-man that would have cost a king's ransom. bargain bob instead went dumpster diving.
By that standard there are no more than 10 top 4 D-man in the league. I'm not implying Beauch is 11th best defender in the league. Beauchemin is logging, alongside EJ, absolutely the toughest minutes on the team. He's been on ice for 8 of 27 of Colorado's ES goals against. He's absolutely capable of logging top 4 minutes for at least this and quite possibly next season.

Lateral move implies they're equals. They're not. Beauch is far superior.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wait wait wait, you are missing out something.

the resigning was for 3y for Beauch and 2 years for Bieksa but Bieksa have this season under previous 4.6 contract so by average it is Bieksa 3x4.2.

Does that make anyone change their minds? :sarcasm:

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
By that standard there are no more than 10 top 4 D-man in the league. I'm not implying Beauch is 11th best defender in the league. Beauchemin is logging, alongside EJ, absolutely the toughest minutes on the team. He's been on ice for 8 of 27 of Colorado's ES goals against. He's absolutely capable of logging top 4 minutes for at least this and quite possibly next season.

Lateral move implies they're equals. They're not. Beauch is far superior.

thats what i meant by saying "was, at best, a lateral move". I am on the same boat that thinks KB was not a smart choice to replace Beauch.

bargain bob should have replaced him with an upgrade. Bieksa wasnt it. that being said, i think sticking with Beauchemin wasnt going to improve the Ducks' situation if there wouldnt be any significant upgrade to the rest of the D-men, as I dont think he can consistently shoulder that kind of load for another 82-game campaign.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I'm goina choose Bieksa because 2 yr means we might only suck for 2 years before starting the complete rebuild.

Edit: Bieksa also facilitates higher draft picks.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
For those of you wanting another option I think you're missing the point. I think we'd all like an upgrade there, but Bob already had his mind made up. It was either Beauch on Bob's terms or Bieksa on Bieksa's terms (and at the cost of a 2nd).

Given the only two choices that were realistic at the time, we all seem to agree it was a major **** up on Bob's part from the beginning. Of course there was somebody here telling us at the time that we had to squeeze our pennies and Bieksa was close enough to Beauch to we worth saving some pennies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm goina choose Bieksa because 2 yr means we might only suck for 2 years before starting the complete rebuild.

Edit: Bieksa also facilitates higher draft picks.

i don`t want to dissapoint you but their contracts will be up in the same offseason. Bieksa already had an extra year

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
How on earth did we decide to sign him to more money than Sbisa?

Because he's still far better than Sbisa.

Unfortunately, having a better deal than Sbisa means incredibly little, especially when he isn't being used according to his limitations. I really thought he'd be a lot better than this. I have to admit that I seem to have been remarkably wrong on Bieksa being able to bounce back and be a solid player for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad