Beyond Tomorrow: Unlikely meeting guided Otters' DeBrincat to OHL Rookie of the Year

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
alex_debrincat_erie_otters.jpg
Photo: Erie Otters forward and 2016 prospect Alex DeBrincat posted 104 points in 68 games in 2014-15, then followed that with 16 points in 20 games in the OHL playoffs (courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)

</p>If Erie Otters forward Alex DeBrincat goes on to have a successful NHL career, his story should be turned into a book. While he could have written an alternate chapter through the USHL and ultimately the NCAA, a chance meeting that almost didn’t happen spurned a storybook OHL season.

It’s the ultimate underdog affair, one that began in Farmington Hills, Michigan, where DeBrincat played bantam hockey for Victory Honda.… read more

The post Beyond Tomorrow: Unlikely meeting guided Otters’ DeBrincat to OHL Rookie of the Year appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Would love to see his stats with and without McDavid on his line.

I'm pretty sure when Mcdavid was in the lineup he was almost always on the same line with him. May have been a few times here and there when they were juggling lines but not many shifts with Mcdavid

his production without Mcdavid can be looked at from the 20 games when Mcdavid was out with injury/WJC

Here is his stats from those games:

20GP 10G 16A 26PTS

his first 11 games without Mcdavid he struggled a bit to find his own game (as did the otter offense as a whole) and only had 3G and 5A for 8PTS. But as the team got confident in playing without Mcdavid and Debrincat figured things out on his own he finished the 9 game stretch without Mcdavid with 7G and 10A for 17PTS. All in all he was only held off the scoresheet 6 times (5 in the first 11 of 20 games) in those 20 games so his points and production was spread out pretty even. Not bad for an undersized rookie

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
This was the most productive move that Bassin did while being the owner of the Otters. I predict that he will have another banner year next year. Rarely do you see such tenacity on every shift. He is one of the toughest players I have ever seen at any level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad