Beyond Tomorrow: McDavid, Eichel head Class of 2015

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The 2014 NHL Draft prospects enjoyed a great weekend in Philadelphia late last month as they passed another milestone on their journey to the NHL. The Class of 2015 now gets its turn in the spotlight, and it is also time for Beyond Tomorrow to shift the focus to the 2016 prospects.

But before this feature shifts to the 2016 prospects, here is one last look at some of the top prospects for the 2015 draft.

The 2015 class is an exciting group, with NHL scouts salivating at the mouth to get their hands on a player who could become their team’s next franchise star.… read more

More...

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
But before this feature shifts to the 2016 prospects, here is one last look at some of the top prospects for the 2015 draft.

The 2015 class is an exciting group, with NHL scouts salivating at the mouth to get their hands on a player who could become their team’s next franchise star.… read more

Does anyone really think that the team drafting first overall would consider anyone over MacDavid? I sometimes wonder if the media folks say these things for no purpose other than to create some drama. If a team drafts Eichel over MacDavid their fans will be crying tears the size of October cabbages. Eichel has never played more than 40 games in a season against a lower level of competition; MacDavid is the best player his age (and maybe overall) in arguably the best developmental league in the world. Barring a horrific injury, I don't see any way MacDavid doesn't go number one.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Does anyone really think that the team drafting first overall would consider anyone over MacDavid? I sometimes wonder if the media folks say these things for no purpose other than to create some drama. If a team drafts Eichel over MacDavid their fans will be crying tears the size of October cabbages. Eichel has never played more than 40 games in a season against a lower level of competition; MacDavid is the best player his age (and maybe overall) in arguably the best developmental league in the world. Barring a horrific injury, I don't see any way MacDavid doesn't go number one.

People might call you krazy but you are absolutely correct. The CHL is the closest to a professional game as you can get. The experience is invaluable compared to any other minor league anywhere. It's the fastest route to the NHL.

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
McDavid Hands Down, not even close

Kanuck, you are so right. In any other year, yeah Eichel could or should be # ONE. But not a team on the Planet would pass McDavid if they had the # 1. Unless you have seen McDavid Live, you have no idea just how good and special this kid is and he plays a 200 foot game, the only place he would float is in a backyard pool. People get out and see the kid play his last year LIVE at an OHL rink, cause it will cost a fortune to see live in a couple of years.

This kid is doing things even Crosby was not doing at that age. I think McDavid, wait for it now.... Is a rare combination of Crosby, Towes, Kane and Stamkos all in ONE. Don't believe it, get out to a game this year. Wonder if the Leaf Nation are doing everything they can do finish last just to get him ?????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad