Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Gary Bettman spoke to Stan Fischler yesterday

In a conversation with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, he made it clear to me that talks could resume at some point in the near future.

"They (NHLPA people) went back to Toronto," said Bettman, "But we left it open (for more talks)."

Bettman added that the league still could make compromises in some areas.

"But," he insisted, "we won't compromise on the cap."

"If this is going to be an ideological question over the cap, then it is not going to be. It's his (NHLPA Executive Director Bob Goodenow) call," Bettman concluded.

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_n...ticle&sports=ice-hockey&team=other&league=nhl

CAP/HOCKEY OR NO CAP/NO HOCKEY

Even Tie Dumi(key member of the NHLPA)can figure that out.Or maybe he can't :shakehead

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
IMO, the NHL needs a cap. Therefore, I would prefer no hockey this year, to resuming hockey with no cap. If the owners give in now, they have wasted the better part of a season for nothing, and we will go through this same exercise again in a few years...and, in the meantime, the threat of folding franchises will hover over the league like a black cloud. The owners need to hold there ground for the good of the game.

iagreewithidiots

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
All the owners have to do is keep saying it. If they dont budge the players will have to give in evetually.

The owners will win. There will be a cap. And everyone here, whether they want a cap or not, will be back. They will spend, cheer, and love the NHL just as much as always.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Hopefully none of the posters get uppity on Bettman and what they call the unlikelihood of a deal. Let's remember that this is the same Gary Bettman who's been omitted from talks for two weeks

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
God I hope the NHL doesn't bakc down form there hard cap. Man I think there last proposal was to soft. The players are greedy idiots.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There will have to be a form of cost cetainty for sure...no matter which way you break it down, the owners will not sign a CBA that doesn't have some form of restriction on salaries...it's up to the powers that be to continue to argue over that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad