Better Through Four Seasons: Lindros Or McDavid?

Who is better through four seasons?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Eric Lindros:

1993:

22nd in points per game (min. 41 games played)

Ninth in Hart voting
Fourth in Calder voting

1994:

Third in points per game (min. 41 games played)

AS-7

1995:

First in points per game (min. 24 games played - shortened season)

Hart Trophy
AS-1
Ted Lindsay Award

1996:

Third in points per game (min. 41 games played)

AS-2
Third in Hart voting
20th in Selke voting

Connor McDavid

2016:

Third in points per game (min 41 games played)

Third in Calder voting

2017:

First in points per game (min. 41 games played)

Ted Lindsay Award
Hart Trophy
AS-1
16th in Selke voting

2018:

First in points per game (min. 41 games played)

AS-1
Ted Lindsay Award
Fifth in Hart voting
26th in Selke voting

2019:

Second in points per game (min. 41 games played)
Season is not yet over​

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid has accumulated more personal hardware in the same amount of time.

He’s also doing better in the PPG rankings as well.

So, that’s why I’ll go McDavid.

Reactions: 780il

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Similar production, but context is everything: Mcdavid became the best in the league in his second season, while Lindros was never quite the best.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Mcdavid is a top 2 player the last 4 years, probably #1, the top 2 players for Lindros's 1st 4 years were Lemieux and Hasek

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Every hockey expert just came into this poll and laughed their heads off. Lindros was an absolute beast and McDavid would have been destroyed in his first year back then. No wonder guys like Bobby Mac ridicule HF. Like I don't get it, this is like saying Mahome is a better NFL qb then Montana was already. Just ridiculously stupid.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
Every hockey expert just came into this poll and laughed their heads off. Lindros was an absolute beast and McDavid would have been destroyed in his first year back then. No wonder guys like Bobby Mac ridicule HF. Like I don't get it, this is like saying Mahome is a better NFL qb then Montana was already. Just ridiculously stupid.
How is this stupid or outlandish? Relative to his peers McDavid has been the better, more accomplished player. Its hard to argue stats because of the era's

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Are you implying that McDavid is not an absolute beast?

It's not like saying Mahomes is better than Montana. It's like comparing the beginning of Mahomes' career to the beginning of Montana's career. People ridicule HF because of hot takes and horrible trade ideas, not McDavid vs Lindros polls. lol

Reactions: LongWayDown37

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Are you implying that McDavid is not an absolute beast?

It's not like saying Mahomes is better than Montana. It's like comparing the beginning of Mahomes' career to the beginning of Montana's career. People ridicule HF because of hot takes and horrible trade ideas, not McDavid vs Lindros polls. lol
As soon on as as you called McDavid a beast you lost any credibility. McDavid is about as physical as wet toilet paper.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
How is this stupid or outlandish? Relative to his peers McDavid has been the better, more accomplished player. Its hard to argue stats because of the era's
This is the usual clear case of a generation of young internet era people who never obviously saw both players play and are just tossing a vote for who they know because there is no other rational explanation.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
As soon on as as you called McDavid a beast you lost any credibility. McDavid is about as physical as wet toilet paper.

Yes, because you absolutely need to hit people to be considered a dominant hockey player lol. I guess Ovechkin was waaayyy better than Crosby in their early years?

Don't get me wrong: I like hitting. Hockey is just about a lot more than that.

Also, how often does Johnny Gaudreau hit players?

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
This is the usual clear case of a generation of young internet era people who never obviously saw both players play and are just tossing a vote for who they know because there is no other rational explanation.
I saw Lindros play live in Junior, bucko. He was an absolute force. Doesn't change the fact the McDavid has accomplished more at the same age. Eye test tells me you can make an argument for McDavid as well, I don't think I've seen a player create as many offensive chances every shift since Lemioux (don't have fancy stats to back that up, just observation)

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
McDavid is unanimously the best player in the world and symbolizes his era of speed and skill just as much as Lindros personified the rough and physical deadpuck era.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I saw Lindros play live in Junior, bucko. He was an absolute force. Doesn't change the fact the McDavid has accomplished more at the same age. Eye test tells me you can make an argument for McDavid as well, I don't think I've seen a player create as many offensive chances every shift since Lemioux (don't have fancy stats to back that up, just observation)

I think someone posted stats saying he was 1st in scoring chances created for himself and linemates 2 seasons in a row and something like only a few other players were in the top 5 in both since the stats have been tracked, but never finished 1st in both.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
I think someone posted stats saying he was 1st in scoring chances created for himself and linemates 2 seasons in a row and something like only a few other players were in the top 5 in both since the stats have been tracked, but never finished 1st in both.
haha well there you go, special player. For my own personal rankings, he'll have a shot at being the most accomplished regular season forward outside of Wayne and Mario. Let's be real though, he going to need playoff success to really cement his legacy, fair or not

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Sure

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
If Lindros was a rookie in todays NHL he would literally be unstoppable. Especially with how soft the league has gone.

I cant wait until we see the "next Lindros" every draft year I have my fingers crossed.

Its truly amazing to see such a physical beast with speed and soft hands. It's something the NHL hasnt seen in well over a decade.

Young HFers have no idea lol

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
If Lindros was a rookie in todays NHL he would literally be unstoppable. Especially with how soft the league has gone.

I cant wait until we see the "next Lindros" every draft year I have my fingers crossed.

Its truly amazing to see such a physical beast with speed and soft hands. It's something the NHL hasnt seen in well over a decade.

Well said.

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008

Using that argument though if you were to put McDavid in a time machine and send him to the early 90s and he would be burning the league to the ground. Also in todays NHL Lindros would probably miss 20 games a year due to suspensions :sarcasm:

They are both very different players and I don't think saying that McDavid has had a better first four seasons takes anything away from the uniqueness and impact Lindros brought to the league. Lindros was a force of nature and hands down my favorite player growing up but seeing the things McDavid can do makes me seriously wonder if he is some kind of cyborg designed to play hockey.

Better first four years goes to McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad