Better snipe? Pettersson vs Matthews

Who has the better snipe (not goal scoring ability)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Lol. Really struggling aren't you.

This isnt close. Matthews has among tge very best snap shot, slap shot, wrist shot, etc. There was an article, i think in the athletic, just the ither day that there is no other player in the league that scores via every different shot as effectively as matthews.... he can score from any angle, any shot....

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Lol. Really struggling aren't you.

This isnt close. Matthews has among tge very best snap shot, slap shot, wrist shot, etc. There was an article, i think in the athletic, just the ither day that there is no other player in the league that scores via every different shot as effectively as matthews.... he can score from any angle, any shot....

Yeah but that wasn’t the question, was it? Read again.

I agree that Matthews has the better (at least more consistently better) shot over all, I don’t think that’s even a question (at least so far). I’d even stretch as far as admitting Matthews might have the better snipe as well off the rush. However from a stand still position EP’s snipe is really uncanny. Ridiculously accurate and fast (although he might hit too many cross bars and posts with it). It’s like you don’t even see the puck until you either hear: “Scores!” or “Ping! Scores!” or just “Ping!”.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

He can "snipe" from anywhere, any shot, any angle, and does so better than anyone in thebleague. Yes, that answers the question.

You seem to be unraveling

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
If he could snipe better why isn't he scoring more goals?

This season he’s struggling with his shot over all, except for his stand still snipe. So far in his career he’s also been playing more like a pass first guy rather than a sniper. Matthews is by far the better goal scorer, no question.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What's a snipe to you? Matthews barely even uses one-timer. Very different shooter archetypes.

Matthews's wrister and snap shot are both better.

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews AINEC applies here. Pettersson is way way below Matthews.

Mar 26, 2010
Not giving up eh lol . Matthews and easily. This will be locked within the hour.
No kidding. Pettersson is not on the same Stratosphere as Matthews.

This will be an absolute blow out and be locked immediately.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Matthews wrister is better but it's close. Anyone saying AINEC is kidding themselves.

Matthews relies a lot on his shots. It's his bread and butter.

Petterson has other tools. Playmaking is his bread and butter. When he decides to shoots, you can see it's lethal

Reactions: MrOT

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015

I agree that Matthews has the better (at least more consistently better) shot over all, I don’t think that’s even a question (at least so far). I’d even stretch as far as admitting Matthews might have the better snipe as well off the rush. However from a stand still position EP’s snipe is really uncanny. Ridiculously accurate and fast (although he might hit too many cross bars and posts with it). It’s like you don’t even see the puck until you either hear: “Scores!” or “Ping! Scores!” or just “Ping!”.

If he he hitting the post, that mean his accuracy is pretty horrible. Unless that is what he is aiming for. Accuracy is having the puck go where you want it to. Not where you don't.

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews wrister is better but it's close. Anyone saying AINEC is kidding themselves.

Petterson has other tools. Playmaking is his bread and butter. When he decides to shoots, you can see it's lethal
Its not even close. I think you might be kidding yourself.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
When I think of sniper I’m usually thinking of slap shots/one timers like Ovi
How hard is Matthews slap shot? I feel like most goals of his are scored on wristers, Petey does have a 100MPH slap shot so I don’t think choosing him is as absurd as people are making it out to be

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Matthews is a better playmaker than Pettersson.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
That's why Petterson generally has more assists than Matthews?
Why would matthews pass when he can just put it in himself? Petterson doesn’t have that luxury.

Don’t kid yourself, matthew’s playmaking abilities are great. He just doesn’t utilize them as much since his goal scoring ability is even better.

Reactions: Mats13

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
IMO Petterson has the better wrist shot and one-timer, but Matthews has the better snapshot and is the better overall goal scorer. Matthews snapshot is probably the best in the league!

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Why would matthews pass when he can just put it in himself? Petterson doesn’t have that luxury.

Don’t kid yourself, matthew’s playmaking abilities are great. He just doesn’t utilize them as much since his goal scoring ability is even better.
Never said Matthews' playmaking wasn't great. He's primarily a shooter first. Petterson is a playmaker with a lethal shot.

With that said, Matthews' wrister and snap shot are better. Petterson has the better slap shot and backhand imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad