Better skating: Pernell Karl Subban or Nathan Beaulieu

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's a tough one. Both great bit different. Beau is a lot smother and PK has a very choppy stride.

If I HAD to say who was a better skater I'd have to say PK for his elusiveness even though I'd say Beau is a much nicer stride.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Beaulieu seems more effortless, but PK has a lot more strength in his skating, is hard to knock off and is awesome at protecting and controlling the puck at high speed, so definitively PK

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Beaulieu looks better, Subban has proven that he can skate through a team when he has to though. I don't think we'll see Beaulieu dangle through a whole team, circling around their zone, like Subban does.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Beaulieu looks better, Subban has proven that he can skate through a team when he has to though. I don't think we'll see Beaulieu dangle through a whole team, circling around their zone, like Subban does.

It's happened in the CHL and AHL with Beaulieu...... :dunno: WHO KNOWS

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Beaulieu obviously has great fluidity, speed and agility. But Subban beats him out because he has all that and adds strength. Give Beaulieu a year or two and who knows.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Beaulieu in a straight line, PK in any other condition.

PK is probably the most elusive player in the league, he can stop and turn on a dime, and then back again.

His agility is off the charts.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Beaulieu is faster at full speed no doubt, and a lot more fluid.

PK is stronger on is skates, more explosive off the blocks and crazy sharp on his turns.

I don't know what to vote :(

samsquanch9*

Beaulieu is faster but hes waay lighter. I think PK is a little better skater right now

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Beaulieu is a more fluid skater and I think he's better at pivoting and keeping his speed. Imo Beaulieu is a better skater.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Beaulieu is faster, but PK seems a lot more agile. Then again, let's give Beaulieu 2-3 more years! :laugh:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Is that serious? PK by a mile. Beaulieu looks good in a straight line, but that's about it. Subban would skate circles around him, literally.

That being said, we have both, and it's all good, man.

EDIT: How is that poll even close? Man you guys are suffering from some serious chronophiliac problems.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Define better.

PK is not a very fast skater but he can do sharp turns like not other, with the puck nonetheless. Beaulieu's skating is more fluid and looks faster.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
give Beaulieu time maybe 2-3 years he'll improve his body strength and his footspeed would be better. right now PK is quick on his feet. hard to knock off the puck

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
PK is the best skater in the whole league. He doesn't look good like other lightweights, because he skates with great force, but he does it.

Beaulieu reminds me 100% of Cam Fowler.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They are completely different skaters, not sure you can compare both. I think it simply falls down to preference.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Depends what you mean by "better". Beaulieu is faster than PK, but PK is definitely the more stable and controlled skater.

Who would I want in a skating race? Probably Beaulieu.
Who would I want leading a rush up the ice during a game? Definitely Subban.

I'll say this though, give Beaulieu a couple of years and he will be a very good skater, both in terms of speed and control.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
watching beaulieu tonight and with PK on 2nd unit, this kid has the makings of a really good pmd...

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
PK was much faster in his rookie year when he didn't weigh the 220lbs he does now. No matter how out of position he was he would always get back into the play.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Nathan's skating style (emphasis on style) can be compared to:
<Scott Niedermayer...very smooth.
<Jay Bouwmeester (spelling?)...very smooth.
<Paul Coffey...very very smooth (from what I remember!).
<Bobby Orr...smooth (from lots of video footage I saw!)

Nathan's skating style is VERY smooth...will be fun to watch.
I want him to become a TWO-WAY player, or as close as possible to it...he has plenty of time since he's still so young!! not worried at all about his offensive game...not at all, but our Habs are way better when he becomes more of a TWO-WAY dman...he has time to develop that part of his game.

--------------------------------- ------------------------------------

PK Subban is...PK Subban.
Everything he does is amazing!!;)
No one is like PK Subban!! No one.
He's in a league of his own!!
(VERY VERY smooth flashy skating style, his amazing rushes, his guts, his poise, his winner's confidence, his huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge heart, his craftiness/shiftiness...all this also improves how he skates...it gives him that extra TURBO GEAR!! I can go on all night about Subban but we need to rest for game 7!!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad