Better Skater?

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Crosby is the much better skater. McDavid is faster. There is not a person that has ever played with the edgework that crosby employs on a nightly basis

for educational purposes only

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
for pure explosiveness, I'll take McDavid every day.

Karlsson is smooth as butter though

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Mcdavid and pre-injury Karlsson are head and shoulders above Crosby and Ovechkin

Not quite sure between Mcdavid and pre-injury Karlsson though.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I think y'all are sleeping on ovechkin in his prime, he was one of the BEST skaters. His first couple strides were unmatched

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
McDavid has the best explosiveness
Crosby has the best edge-work
Karlsson is the best all-around skater

EK and McDavid are the best skaters with the puck and overall so they are 1 and 2 in no real order

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
An often overlooked facet....Who is the hardest player to knock off his skates, and take the puck from? Board battles, etc?

Skating backwards?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Define better.

A car can go faster than the rest, but that doesn't make it better.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
For pure North-South skating it's easily McDavid. When already in the offensive zone and working the corners, Crosby has him out-classed.

A lot of that advantage is from strength too rather than skating ability. McDavid's edgework is not as good as Crosby's though.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
A lot of that advantage is from strength too rather than skating ability. McDavid's edgework is not as good as Crosby's though.

Crosby's lower body strength has everything to do with his skating ability that McDavid's foot speed does with his. All relative to your muscles. I don't see how strength can be a discredit to skating ability.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Crosby's lower body strength has everything to do with his skating ability that McDavid's foot speed does with his. All relative to your muscles. I don't see how strength can be a discredit to skating ability.

His strength itself is a big advantage alone I mean, there are players stronger than Crosby in the corners who don't have near the skating ability or puck control.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Crosby is stronger on his skates
McDavid is faster
Karlsson is most fluid skater

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Depends on what you're talking about. Frankly, Jeff Skinner probably has something to say on the topic.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Crosby is the much better skater. McDavid is faster. There is not a person that has ever played with the edgework that crosby employs on a nightly basis

for educational purposes only

well, aside from skinner the figure skater

he could be argued as the best technical skater in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad