Better roster right now

What team has a better roster?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
This should be an easy choice. Forwards are a wash or advantage tampa, and D/G on tampa is way better

Reactions: ThatsSoSlavin

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Can't see the Leafs getting a lot of votes in this one. Vasilevsky tips the scales pretty hard and Tampa's D core is pretty nuts.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Can't see the Leafs getting a lot of votes in this one. Vasilevsky tips the scales pretty hard and Tampa's D core is pretty nuts.
strip away all names and just look at this season, Campbell has better #'s
fwd wise with the addition of Foligno the Leafs now have a better fwd roster IMO
D d wise Hedman kills Rilley but after that Brodie, Muzzin, Holl have all been really good this yr

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
In a vacuum, one could maybe make the argument Matthews >Point. Or Matthews > Stamkos. Big maybe if it's one vs one. But Stamkos & Point on the same team make up the difference.

Stamkos>J.T.
Point>J.T.
Kucherov>Marner
Hedman>>>>>>>Rielly
McDonough>>>Brodie
Sergachev>Holl
Vasi>>>>>>>>Campbell

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
In a vacuum, one could maybe make the argument Matthews >Point. Or Matthews > Stamkos. Big maybe if it's one vs one. But Stamkos & Point on the same team make up the difference.

Stamkos>J.T.
Point>J.T.
Kucherov>Marner
Hedman>>>>>>>Rielly
McDonough>>>Brodie
Sergachev>Holl
Vasi>>>>>>>>Campbell
I think you meant to add a Matthews in your ranking somewhere.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Leaf fan voting for Tampa. They have the best Goalie by far, one of, if not the best D-man in the NHL in Hedman, and a stacked offence. They are definitely the favourite to win it all IMO. Toronto has a very good team but we finish 2nd in this poll.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think you meant to add a Matthews in your ranking somewhere.

Ok. Let's say Matthews>Point.

That's where it ends for Toronto. And there's not a massive gap in ability and production between said players.

That doesn't mean Toronto can't win in a 7 game series. It wouldn't be as stunning as the Jackets sweeping the Bolts. It's just unlikely.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Ok. Let's say Matthews>Point.

That's where it ends for Toronto. And there's not a massive gap in ability and production between said players.

That doesn't mean Toronto can't win in a 7 game series. It wouldn't be as stunning as the Jackets sweeping the Bolts. It's just unlikely.
I'm not really discussing who is better. Your post has JT listed twice for the Leafs instead of a Matthews. I'm just trying to help lol.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Tampa is ahead. Vasilevsky gives a big edge to TB, and Hedman is head and shoulders above any other dman on either roster. Otherwise, I think they're very close, but those are two pretty massive advantages.

Reactions: TopChedder

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Tampa is ahead. Vasilevsky gives a big edge to TB, and Hedman is head and shoulders above any other dman on either roster. Otherwise, I think they're very close, but those are two pretty massive advantages.

Agreed. Hedman is unreal and Vas in net is all world. Those pieces really set them apart.

But the amount of talent between these two teams is insane lol

Jan 21, 2018
Tampa is on a tier of their own. Why did you have to make the Leafs as the other option, this is why everyone hates us.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
why wow? technically Campbell has better numbers this season.
Same with the top end talent up front.
Hedman kills Rielly but is it hard to believe that Brodie, Muzzin and Holl have been as solid as the rest of T.B D core?

Because Vasi has played essentially every game. Obviously his numbers won't look as good as a guy playing ten games behind a stacked team.

And yes it is hard to believe. Not saying the Leafs D stinks. They don't. But TB's D is simply unmatched.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Without Kucherov I give the Leafs the edge for forwards. Tampa has better goaltending and defense though. The answer is clearly Tampa Bay but its not a huge difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad