Better rivalry

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Which one out of the three has a better rivalry or your favorite rivalry?

That could be more exciting, more times playing each other, most drama, best overall players in general. Your call.

Each one is almost synonymous with the other.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Playing against each other in the Finals makes it Bird/Magic for me, and it was pretty back and forth compared to the others.

Reactions: djboos22

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I agree that Bird/Magic was more classic, more legendary, use all the key words...

But Crosby/Ovi is my personal preference. Especially after Ovi finally won.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I know this is a hockey forum, but Magic vs. Bird is far ahead the other two. The others couldn't even meet in the Finals, let alone face each other 3 times.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Manning faced the Patriots defense. Brady faced the Colts defense. They didn't go into a game focused on the other. If that makes sense.

Ovi vs Crosby is fine. But it's not comparable to Bird and Magic. Two guys that wanted to beat each other from their collegiate careers on. They also sparked the NBA's turnaround.

TheNeutralPresident

Feb 29, 2020
The Neutral Planet
Bird v Magic was about championships while Ovi v Crosby is more about points and individual stats. Not to mention Magic beat Larry in the NCAA title game in 79 so it started even earlier along with the underlying race aspect in a still unstable time. Closest aspect of Ovi Crosby that comes close to that is the Canada v Russia bit but I haven't heard about that since their first couple years.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I’m a Michigan State guy, so the Magic/ Bird rivalry is important to me.

But I also didn’t watch it like the other two.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Magic vs Bird was massively overshadowed by Michael Jordan in the 1980s.

Crosby and Ovie are very clearly the two best players of their generation.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Bird v Magic was about championships while Ovi v Crosby is more about points and individual stats. Not to mention Magic beat Larry in the NCAA title game in 79 so it started even earlier along with the underlying race aspect in a still unstable time. Closest aspect of Ovi Crosby that comes close to that is the Canada v Russia bit but I haven't heard about that since their first couple years.
you could say that OV v Crosby was about titles considering the team that won the series won the title lol

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Im old enough to remember the Magic and bird going head to ehad during playoffs runs, Bird was a beast on the court, and magic was you guess amgic, those 2 guys brought the best out of each other every time they played.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don't have to be born in that time period to know that Bird vs. Magic is the clear answer.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ov and Crosby cant play each other any deep than the 2nd round. That takes some strength out of their impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad