Better playmaker: Barkov vs Eichel vs Matthews

Better playmaker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Eichel pretty easily although I will say AM might have the highest IQ here.

Barkov is the best defensive or two way guy here

Eichel is the best playmaker

Matthews obviously the best goal scorer

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews because after seeing the Leafs play against the Lighting in Tampa Bay a few weeks ago, you appreciate his overall game a lot more than just watching him on TV.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Matthews because after seeing the Leafs play against the Lighting in Tampa Bay a few weeks ago, you appreciate his overall game a lot more than just watching him on TV.

Assists pr game in their Careers so far.

Eichel: 0.55
Matthews: 0.43

Or roughly 10 more assists for Eichel over a full 82 game season.

This season.

Eichel: 0.87
Matthews: 0.64

But matthews is a better playmaker because you watched him live once, and that made you appreciate him more?

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Eichel pretty easily although I will say AM might have the highest IQ here.

Barkov is the best defensive or two way guy here

Eichel is the best playmaker

Matthews obviously the best goal scorer

As a Sabres fan, I concur. As far as playmaking I'd give the nod to Eichel. He makes crazy passes that make you wonder how constantly. Seems like nobody in Buffalo can score without Eichel on there line. Raw shooting. (especially when close to the net) is Matthews. He can keep the puck on his stick and get a superb shot off in a crowd. Barkov reminds me of the saying good at everything master of none ( in the offensive zone). But he's really good at everything in the O zone and probably the best on defence.

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
As a Sabres fan, I concur. As far as playmaking I'd give the nod to Eichel. He makes crazy passes that make you wonder how constantly. Seems like nobody in Buffalo can score without Eichel on there line. Raw shooting. (especially when close to the net) is Matthews. He can keep the puck on his stick and get a superb shot off in a crowd. Barkov reminds me of the saying good at everything master of none. But he's really good at everything in the O zone and probably the best on defence.

Barkov not master in defence? Only foward who can rival Barkov in induvidual defensive play stats is Bergeron for past 3 seasons. This year Barkov leads most of those stats by good margin.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
Just copy any of the names under mathews and subtract that from any future leaf polls due to them going full homer vote.

It is Eichel for me has some pretty slick vision sometimes.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Assists pr game in their Careers so far.

Eichel: 0.55
Matthews: 0.43

Or roughly 10 more assists for Eichel over a full 82 game season.

This season.

Eichel: 0.87
Matthews: 0.64

But matthews is a better playmaker because you watched him live once, and that made you appreciate him more?
Selective reading I see. I said when seeing Matthews play live and in person I can appreciate his overall game a lot more than just watching him on TV.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Selective reading I see. I said when seeing Matthews play live and in person I can appreciate his overall game a lot more than just watching him on TV.
That’s great. I’m sure those who watched Barkov and Eichel feel the same.
If you’re arguing that Matthews is a really good player I think we all agree. Not a better playmaker than Eichel though at least at this point.

dmj616

Oct 12, 2010

There's nothing selective about his reading. The thread topic is who is the "better playmaker" and that's the only reasoning you gave for why you would choose Matthews. The only other conclusion one could come to is that you posted that in the wrong thread.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
There's nothing selective about his reading. The thread topic is who is the "better playmaker" and that's the only reasoning you gave for why you would choose Matthews. The only other conclusion one could come to is that you posted that in the wrong thread.
It's my own personal opinion and I can live with it.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Barkov not master in defence? Only foward who can rival Barkov in induvidual defensive play stats is Bergeron for past 3 seasons. This year Barkov leads most of those stats by good margin.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I meant Barkov in the offensive zone.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This is like the opposite of those weird polls that pit Matthews against superior players with a caveat to allow Matthews to win. Matthews is the best player, but he doesn’t belong here. The answer is Jack Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad