Better Player: Tobias Rieder or Vinnie Hinostroza

Rieder vs Hino

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I'm surprised poll is this one sided. Rieder at his best was awesome, had a big positive impact in all three zones. The timing of this thread works in Hinostroza’s favor though :DD

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Toby doesn’t, nor has he ever, had the motor or the skill that Vinny does. We have survived a lot of injuries, but remember how the team looked when Vinny was out for a while? It was not pretty. He’s the energizer bunny who can make plays at high speeds...we haven’t even seen the best of him yet.

Reactions: Mosby

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
In fairness, Tobi was never the same player after his knee injury. That said, I'd take Vinnie every day of the week and twice on Sunday (today)!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Hino and (I hate this saying but...) it isn't close. Hino is a much better hockey player.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Since OP says "as they played in ARI" I'll take Rieder. I love Vinnie a lot, but Rieder was one of our better forwards a lot of years and was much better defensively and similar offensively for a lot of those times. He f***in sucks now, and I take Vinnie over him 10/10 right now, but when he played for ARI? I hope Vinnie reaches his potential, and I think he has more of it, but...Rieder has to be the winner based on history.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'm on the Rieder side for his peak level of play. I'm on the Hino side with what his ceiling could look like. He very well could be a similar player to Tyler Johnson in two more seasons.

Rieder had an exciting ceiling as well but by his third full season it was apparent his development had stopped or was ruined by the injuries.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I think there's a lot of people who underrate Hino's defense even though 59% of his zone starts are in the D zone. We all know how Tocchet feels about defense, so he wouldn't be out there if he wasn't doing something positive in those situations. I can't recall a single time this season where I've complained about a bad defensive play that he's made or a good defensive play that he didn't make. He doesn't kill a ton of penalties, but I think that's largely because we don't need him to.

Reider might still be a bit better on D, but Hino is at least 4000 times better everywhere else on the ice so I'd rather have Hino, especially after seeing the last few weeks and what he's able to do with the puck on his stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad