Better player as a rookie?

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
In this new era of rookies I wanted to see who do you guys think was a better rookie (back then to now)?

Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid? If you want, you can bring in Matthews and Laine (have a pretty good idea of their playing style, skill set, and production as of now).

Strictly their first rookie season.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
1. Ovechkin
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Mason
5. Mcdavid

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
In this new era of rookies I wanted to see who do you guys think was a better rookie (back then to now)?

Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid? If you want, you can bring in Matthews and Laine (have a pretty good idea of their playing style, skill set, and production as of now).

Strictly their first rookie season.

Why even name players that did finish 1 or 2 in Calder voting in their given rookie season? McDavid finished 3rd in Calder voting last year and should not be mentioned, when considering the scope of this thread.

EDIT: I might have made an incorrect assumption... Did you mean... who had the best rookies season? OR... based solely on the talent displayed in their rookie season, who showed the most promise?

Last edited:

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Why even name players that did finish 1 or 2 in Calder voting in their given rookie season? McDavid finished 3rd in Calder voting last year and should not be mentioned, when considering the scope of this thread.

EDIT: I might have made an incorrect assumption... Did you mean... who had the best rookies season? OR... based solely on the talent displayed in their rookie season, who showed the most promise?

both

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I didn't see much of Mason in his rookie season so I will exclude him. Based on number, he can be as high as number 1.

1. Ovechkin
2. Crosby
3. Malkin

The thing with these 3 is that you know from the first puck drop that they would be more than just superstars. Ive got the exact same feeling with Mcdavid btw, its a shame that he got injured last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad