Kings Article: Better Late Than Never For LA Kings RW Prospect Spencer Watson

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Los Angeles Kings right wing prospect Spencer Watson had a knack for scoring goals in the Western Hockey League, and was expected to do so last season in the American Hockey League with the Ontario Reign.

But you know what they say about the best laid plans.

Indeed, Watson did not make the jump to the AHL last season, remaining in the WHL for an over-age year.

To find out what happened to Watson, what his outlook is for the coming season, how he has improved and what he still needs to work on, check out...

Better Late Than Never For LA Kings RW Prospect Spencer Watson

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Quick comment: I just started reading the article, but Kingston is part of the Ontario Hockey League, not Western :)

Edit: after finishing the article, it's great like the rest of them. Interesting insight how the injury last year played such a big role in his development path.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Really interested to see what Watson can do this year in the AHL. He has never been afraid to go to the dirty areas and has sick hands around the net. The question will be can he be quick enough to not get killed and remain healthy. At 5'10', he is taller than some of our previous smaller prospects that have a scorning knack. Sounds like skating still needs to improve. Not sure how competitive the Reign will be this year, but it will be great seeing a lot of new players.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Quick comment: I just started reading the article, but Kingston is part of the Ontario Hockey League, not Western :)

Edit: after finishing the article, it's great like the rest of them. Interesting insight how the injury last year played such a big role in his development path.

Hmmm...funny thing is...I knew that. Good catch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad