Better Hybrid: Crosby/OV/Malkin or McDavid/Barzal/Laine/Matthews

Which hybrid is better?

• Total voters

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
OV by himself has a combination of speed, skill and power that the group of 4 can't match. Adding Crosby and Malkin is just a bonus.

Reactions: FishManSam

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
OV by himself has a combination of speed, skill and power that the group of 4 can't match. Adding Crosby and Malkin is just a bonus.
I know it's only hypothetical, but do you actually think that McDavid plus Laine's shot and Matthews' frame/boardplay can't match Ovechkin? I'd say McDavid alone is better

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Take out Malkin and i still pick the first group. With Malkin i didn't even have to think about this.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
McDavid's skating with Laine's shot would be insane.

Crosby alone is one of the GOATS but even combining him with Malkin & Ovi would not be enough to stop McLaine, Matthews & Barzal being added would be just fine-tuning but unnecessary.

Reactions: Halberdier

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
When Malkin is on, hes the hardest player in the NHL to control. His puck protection is better than anyone in the other group. A prime Ovechkin is a better scorer than Laine or Matthews, Crosbys hockey IQ is right there with MCDavid. Honestly a prime OV might not skate like McDavid but hes not far off enough to make up for how physically imposing he and malkins combo woul be. Easy choice

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
McDavid's skating with Laine's shot would be insane.

Crosby alone is one of the GOATS but even combining him with Malkin & Ovi would not be enough to stop McLaine, Matthews & Barzal being added would be just fine-tuning but unnecessary.

McLathews would indeed break the game. He could get himself anywhere and also score from anywhere with a 6"5 frame and ludicrous speed and explosiveness. Add Matthews' weird Arizonian antics (he has a really clever shot too, changing the angle and going top cheese). Barzal I haven't watched but I hear good things :).

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
One fusion would have

6 Hart’s
5 art Ross
9 Richards
7 Lindsay’s
4 smythes

While the other has

2 art Ross
1 hart
2 Lindsay

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I think Gaudreau-Plekanec-Odelein-Hextall...

Ok, so, that wasn't very funny.
I understand now.

I voted for the 4 "kids".
It's like the older guys against the new ones coming in.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Every poll should have an automatic option of "This is an absolutely absurd and ridiculous hypothetical"

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Ridiculous proposition, but just for fun could you imagine someone trying to take the puck from the Crosby/Ovie/Geno cross? It would actually be impossible. Skating be damned (would still be an amazing skater anyways).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad